Sunday, June 25, 2017

It's Time To Re-Pot A Few Plants

June 25, 2017

Good morning.  It's only 7:45, but it's already gorgeous outside.  As soon as I finish posting here, I'm taking my coffee out to the porch.  It has been such a joy to be able to sit out there, even in the evening when the sun goes down.  Last night I took a photo when it started getting dark.  The sky was still light, but with all our trees it was dark in our yard.


I do have a light to use on the porch, but it was really nice just to sit and enjoy the coolness of the evening air.  Pogo wasn't so crazy about the dark so he sat on my lap while we were out there. 

A couple days ago, I noticed that another of the trees was in full bloom.  This particular tree is tucked behind the Red Japanese Maple and in between the tall Pines.  This is my view from the porch.  Gosh, it's such a pretty picture!


Last night, Joe carried one of my big bags of potting soil on to the porch for me, so today I can re-pot a couple of house plants that have outgrown their pots.  Once they are re-potted, I think I'll leave them outside for a while.

They've been having an awesome inventory clearance sale on the Jewelry TV station, and I managed to find the perfect Christmas gift for someone.  Gosh, wouldn't it be nice when the Holidays come around, to find that just about all my shopping is done?  Yes!  Yes!

There's a new great grandbaby due pretty soon.  A little boy, woo hoo!  I'll have to call the kids to see if they might be needing a new car seat.  I guess these days, you have to have a car seat for each kid.  Thank goodness it wasn't like that in my day, or me and the kids would never have been able to go anywhere by car.   Once the car was filled up with car seats, there wouldn't have been any room for me to get in and drive. 

The MET drama awards show was last night in Boston.  Jazzy did not take first place in her category, but she is definitely a big winner in our eyes.  I feel that every nominee finalist was a winner.  So far, I haven't been able to get the results showing who won what, but I'll try to find out all that later.

Now I'm going to take my nebulizer meds and Pogo and I will head for the porch.


So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

I too like to sit sometimes in the dark in the garden when it is really nice weather. And then listen to the almost silence, with still here and there a little bird singing.
And looking up seeing some stars sparkling.
Hahaha, Pogo is a bit afraid of the dark. But on your lap he feels protected and safe, and then you two have a lovely time there.

Never mind that Jazzy hasn;t first prize. Being nominated is already a wonderful thing.

Yes, it would be grand to have all Christmas presents already in the closet by September or so, but perhaps that is wishful thinking.
Going on to your next post,
Hug
Kyra