Wednesday, November 9, 2016

We Have A New President Elect!!

November 9, 2016

Good morning.  Yup, there's still a little bit of morning left.  At 8:30 this morning, I said to Pogo "just let me have a another half hour of sleep and I'll get your breakfast."  Well, the half hour turned into two and a half hours!  And boy oh boy, I needed that sleep.

I stayed up most of the night following the election results, and was rewarded with my candidate winning.  I've kept quiet through the whole campaign about my choice, but now it's okay to speak up and cheer for President Elect, Donald Trump.  No matter who you voted for, it is now time to come together and help our new president achieve his goals for our country and our people. 




I took the first two photos from the TV at 2:43 this morning.  I borrowed the last photo from Google. 

Right now, I've been listening to Hillary Clinton give her concession speech to her followers and the nation.  So, it's finally over.  This election race made history for a lot of reasons.  Now I'm waiting to hear what the president has to say.  This should be interesting.  I'm hoping that he can be as gracious as both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have been with their speeches.

The fuel oil truck has just pulled into the yard, so I think I should go.  Pogo is going crazy to get out on the porch and scare the man away.  haha.  Goodness, his ferocious bark can chase away every stranger who comes into our yard.  He's a very good guard doggie.

On this note, I'll take my leave.  Now that the fuel has been delivered, Pogo and I can go out to do a couple errands.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I just got home. A long day at the doctors. 5 hours. But it is over and now I just have to wait for the new tests results to come in.

I am pleased that your candidate won. I know many people are celebrating right now. He wasn't my choice but neither was Clinton. Now I just really hope that he works to help people like you and I am all of us that are in need for better medical, jobs and all the rest that we need.

I have to rest. I am so exhausted from this trip to and from the doctor and of course the waiting and all the tests. Food first. I am so hungry... Much love, Beth and Cisco

smiekeltje said...

Finally the election is over I have to admit, Trump wouldn;t have been my choice. Well, both candidates weren;t on 1st place, but I think I would have chosen for Clinton. Still I have to congratulate you that your candidate won.
I really hope that Trump will prove to be a good choice, future has to show it.
Next year around March we will have elections too for parliament and with that new government with new ministers etc Will be difficult here too.

Here it is quiet at the moment, apart from Jan being sich this week, but it is slowly going better every day, it seems.
He decided not to go to his volunteer work this weekend, and I think it is wise. He isn;t yet completely 100% again, is a bit weak(didn;t eat very much for a few days)and we don;t want him to catch again a virus on top of this one.
So better he stays home the weekend and starts next weekend again.

We have nice moments with the weather, although it is real chilly, at the moment sun is shining, but some rain(like yesterday) is due to come
Well, we have to hoold on and they say later next week temps will go up again to around 10C. Not too much, but always better than 4-5C LOL.
May be today is laundry day, with some ironing too. perhaps good idea to change the bedsheets and get rid of all remaning virus-creatures that may have survived ROFL.
You have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra