Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Strange Dreams

November 2, 2016

Good morning.  The sun is shining, and according to the weather app on my phone, the temperature is supposed to get up into the 60's today and stay in the 50's tonight.  Sounds like a gorgeous day to me.  Now if only I could figure out how to make it last until Spring begins.  Hmmm.

Yesterday was not a great day for napping.  I got a lot of rest, but the sleep part would not happen.  Overnight though, I did get lots of sleep.  I even had dreams.  I can't remember what I dreamed about, except for the one just before I woke up this morning. 

For some reason, we had a doggie crib, and in it I found two teeny tiny kittens and two teeny tiny yellow chicks (or birds).  I picked one of the tiny chicks up on my finger, and it just sat there looking at me.  I felt that it trusted me.  Then it fell off my finger, and ran across the floor to it's tiny yellow sibling.  They both hugged, and then I woke up.  Now that's strange!

I must confess, last night I needed a break from working on the turquoise afghan, so I took out a pattern and the new yarn that I bought recently, and started a new project.  For some reason, the pattern just was not coming out right, so I ripped it all out and started a new afghan.  groan, groan, groan. 

Just what I need.  Another afghan.  However, my hands like doing this so that's that.  Here's a photo of the new afghan.  The colors are called "Flamingo" and "Lovey," a deep coral paired with pastels. 


I will get back to the turquoise afghan because it has to be finished soon, but the colors on this new afghan make my eyes happy, so it will ne fun working on it. 

Yesterday afternoon, I thought I would check out our local senior center (on-line) to see if they might be having anyone there to explain all the medicare insurance options.  It took quite a while to find it, and I was rather let down by its calendar of events.  For the month of November, it read: pickleball, pool and darts - on seventeen days, paint your pet or anything else - on two days, and computer help - on two days (for one hour and for one and a half hours, respectively).

December was much the same.  Pickleball, pool and darts on eighteen days.  That's all.  Whatever happened to the Bingo games and the outings?  What about all the informational meetings with knowledgeable speakers?  I did look for a phone number for the center, but so far have not found one.  I may have to call the Town Hall to see if they have it.

When Pogo and I went to the Town Hall yesterday to pay the taxes, the early voting room was open, so we went in and voted.  I must say I've never seen it done this way before.  A clerk checks your name on the list, gives you an envelope that you have to sign your name on, and then hands you a ballot. 

The voting booth has no privacy.  Just a standing open booth with sides about twelve inches deep.  No curtain.  You mark your ballot, place it in the envelope that you signed, and seal the envelope.  The glue on the envelope does not stick very well, but I saw a glue stick on the nearby table so I glued my envelope shut before putting it in the ballot box. 

In a way it's good that my voting is done because I signed up for a class at the library for next Tuesday evening. (voting day)  The class is being taught by a photographer who is going to show us how to take better photos with our cell phones.  I thought it might be a fun class.

Mother Nature has been busy lately, and my trees are beginning to get their Fall colors.  The tall maples out front have lots of yellow scattered throughout them, and my Japanese Red Maple is beginning to brighten up.  In another week or two, I'll be able to get some new photos of them.  In the meanwhile, I dug a couple photos from my archives to show what the Japanese Red Maple will look like soon.



We may be getting ready for the colder weather, but oh my these Fall colors are soooo beautiful!  Most all the trees around here are sporting gorgeous oranges, yellows, reds and greens.  Alas, some are beginning to lose their leaves too. 

I guess I'll have to call Cliff (Eddie's friend) to see if he can come by and mow the lawns and vacuum up all the leaves that are all over the yard.  This weekend I'll have to see about what to do to cover the porch screens for the winter.  This hasn't been decided yet. 

Now I think I'll put in a load of laundry.  Then maybe I'll start making a pot of corn chowder for tonight's supper.  Mmmm, sounds tasty.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

LV said...

Never a dull day in your life. Mine certainly would not interest anyone.

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Oh wow, that Japanese Maple is just soooo gorgeous. I really love it. Gosh I miss my own plot of dirt where I could plant trees and flowers, shrubs and dig my hands deep into the soil.

Your afghan is going to be gorgeous. I do love those colors. Very beautiful indeed. I am glad that your eyes are happy at seeing these lively colors come together. I received my patterns in the mail yesterday. Thank you so much. I opened the package when I was having dinner with my daughter Karyn and Joe last night. She loved the patterns but she decided she wants hers to be just a solid piece with variegated yarn. And she wants me to teach her how to crochet. Something that we can both do so we have a project. She is going to pick up the yarn on her lunch break. That is good because it will be the colors that she chooses.

Edna, I am so glad that you voted but I have to say that I do not care for the voting system that you had. I would feel it a lack of privacy and especially having to cast your ballot and then write your name on the envelop. It feels a little like opening someone else's mail to me.
Here it is all computerized. They check our ID against their list and we go into a booth and select with a check or an X and that is that. But anyway your voted... Whoo Whoo you have a voice and you used it.

Yes my broom is in sad condition. It was getting so old that the bristles were breaking off and so I just kept some of the important charms and beads and said goodbye to it. It was hard letting it go. I really didn't want to say goodbye to it but sometimes it is for the best.

Take care my friend and you and Pogo have an awesome day. Cisco sends his love and says that perhaps we can meet up again. On my FB page I have put on a calendar of November with all of the Celestial events. We are having a super moon to out shine all the previous ones. Take a look at what November is offering us. xx Love, Beth and Cisco


The Queen Jester said...

It must have been the night for strange dreams, I woke up thinking "how odd", yet I can't recall any details.

smiekeltje said...

Sometimes we do have really strange dreams. And often you are not able to tell what triggered you dreaming.
I am curious to hear what the result will be of the votes.

It is often almost impossible to compair the different options for medical care( here we have "health insurance"), there are just too much different ones. You have a basic insurance but you can take extra's with additional stuff. But that isn't cheap, and also often hard to tell if you really need that. And then you have all those rules and "little letters" in such difficult language that almost nobody really understands it anymore
Hope you can find somewhere someone who will be able to explain in "easy"language the possibilities.

The new afghan is really in a nice color Bit in fall color of the maple LOL!

Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra