My Pix Show 04

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Spring Countdown Has Begun

November 8, 2016

Good morning.  Today's weather is quite lovely; sunny and warm (in the low 60's).  It's a gorgeous Autumn day.  After today, the cooler temps are back.  I guess now is a good time to start my Spring countdown.  Only 131 more days till Spring!!

Last evening, Deanne and I went to Aunt Lucy's wake.  While we were there, I got to meet another of her sons (my cousin) and one of his daughters.  He gave me his phone number so that we can stay in touch.  I should explain here that when I was quite young (around seven or eight), my mother separated us from the rest of our families.  Before this, we had lots of aunts and uncles and cousins.  By the time my brother and I had grown up, we were sort of alienated from everyone. 

The day I read about my Aunt Lucy in the newspaper, (over a year ago) I felt a deep need to re-connect with her.  To be honest, she said that she felt the same way.  My time with her in my life was very short, but it was beautiful.  So getting to meet up with one of her sons felt really good. 

When we left the wake, Deanne and I headed for our Gun Safety and Law class.  The class was quite long, (four hours)  but very educational.  Everyone was finger printed again and we all got to fill out our application for the Utah - thirty four state gun permit.  Before we can mail these applications, we have to get a passport photo and copies of other licenses to include with them.  So that will be my project for this week. 

Poor little Pogo must have thought that I had run away from home.  I've never left him home alone for this many hours.  But he was good, and when I got home I found him all snuggled up in the lap blanket on my lounge chair.  After lots of hugs and kisses, I cooked him a hamburger for a late supper. 

I borrowed this adorable Maxine cartoon from a friend's website because it really fits me to a tee. 

Here's another cute image that I found on the web.  I think I'll have to make this one into a sign to post on my porch. 

The morning is quickly passing, so I think I'd best get dressed and try to accomplish a few chores.  Maybe Pogo and I will go out to do a couple errands and enjoy this beautiful day.  On this happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.


Garla Reed said...

Hi Edna and Pogo,

I am so glad that you were able to reconnect with one of your cousins even if it has been a sad time. I have so many family members that I have lost contact with. (Most are by choice for me).

The class was indeed long. You will be busy getting everything that you need together in order to obtain your new license. I think that this is really a wonderful idea and the education can never hurt. How long does it usually take to receive the license once you apply?

Poor Pogo, I bet that he was wondering where his mama was but so glad that all worked out well for him. Did he enjoy his dinner last night? Cisco had an extra treat for supper. He was so happy. That little tail was wagging and his little butt swaying as he licked the bowl across the floor.

I have some things to take care of today cleaning wise. It is floor cleaning and dusting today. Guess I had better get over to my blog and update it and then get busy. Have a great day! Beth and Cisco.. Give Pogo lots of kisses from me and a sniff, woof and a lick from Cisco.

smiekeltje said...

Nice that you met with some other family at the wake of Aunt Lucy, even if the occasion was a sad one.
If the sons and their children don;t live too far away from you, you might be able to meet up sometimes.
Ghee, that really was a long class you had And I can imagine you felt kind of guilty towards Pogo LOL.
I think he got tired of waiting for you and thought the best thing to do was taking a nap, nice and warm curled up in some blankets And I think he had a good idea!
But he knew you didn;t forget about him the minute you came home again
This evening there will be soccer to watch on tv. So Jan and I will be fine
I even thnk Jan is feeling a little bit better.
I first had some chicken breast out of the freezer yesterday for evening dinner, but then decided he wouldn;t eat much of it, so I made a soup instae, with the cut up chiekcne breast, some small meat balls, some veggies and diced potatoe and vermicelli, so a well-filled soup and it was a good idea.
I still have some left, may be it will be for the afternoon and I could make something else for dinner. We'll see about that later.
Have a wonderful day