Monday, November 7, 2016

Old Man Winter Is Itching To Get Here!

November 7, 2016

Good morning.  It's sunny, but cold here, only 41F degrees.  I can't complain though, because it could be worse.  Early Saturday morning, we had a burst of "soft" hail come through here.  It was harder than snow but not quite ice.  Here are a couple photos I took of the "hail" on my car.



I guess this is a sign of things to come.  Old Man Winter is in a rush to get here.  Gosh, I hope he gets side-tracked and goes somewhere else. 

Well, election time is finally here.  After tomorrow night, we'll know who the next president will be.  I would like to see us get rid of the "party" system and the delegate votes, and just let the people vote for the person they feel best suited for the job.  After all, isn't that supposed to be the reason why we vote anyway? 

I also think that all votes, in every county, should be counted and matched against the number of "live" registered voters in that area.  This will stop any qualms about fraud.  Us early voters (in my area at least) had to sign our name on the envelope that we put our ballot in.  Then we sealed the envelope.  Some folks may not like the idea of signing their name on the envelope, but at least the officials know that we are alive.

This weekend I also took more photos of my trees.  They change so quickly now that every day brings a new look.  Lots of leaves are falling though, and pretty soon, these beautiful trees will be naked. 



There are still some roses and a few petunias blooming, but the nights are quite cold now, so I don't know how much longer these blossoms can hang in there.  I always thought that by the time I reached this age, the weather systems might have changed, bringing the warmer winters to our area.  Hmmm, I'm a pretty good dreamer, huh?

Tonight, Deanne and I have the gun class to go to.  This one teaches what you need to know for a thirty four state LTC  (license to carry), and more gun safety and laws.  But first, I want to go to Aunt Lucy's wake that is being held late this afternoon.  Deanne will be picking me up after she gets out of work, and we will go together.

Well, Pogo and I have had our breakfast, and he is napping again.  I think I should get busy and do a few chores around here this morning.  There's a whole new batch of catalogues and junk mail to be gone through and put into the recycle bin.  Of course, the shred box is getting quite full again, so maybe I'll do a bit of shredding too. 

On that happy (?) note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,

Wow your not kidding, Old Man Winter is knocking on your door and it is so unbelievable how fast your seasons change. I have a friend in a part of Europe that says it always feels cold where she is. Her summer season is very short. And not really even a warm summer.

I am glad that your not going to the wake alone today. I am also interested in knowing how you enjoy the class. It does sound very interesting. We passed the Open Carry Law here in Texas but you will not believe how many places will not allow you to bring in your weapon. The law says you can, but lots of business's and companies and some properties say they are not allowed.


Yes we will have a new President tomorrow night. I think that after I have given your voting system extra thought that yes that is one way to tell that you are indeed a live voter. I will be glad when it is over, one way or the other. I am so sad to think how bitter this election was and not really over policy, but personal insults and mud slinging. I am sure that the media will keep it going and so far I have tuned out as much of the media as I can the last couple of weeks.

I stopped in the middle of this post and went to take Cisco out. It was raining again. I do believe that we are getting really soggy here in our area. We have storms setting up for more to follow. It stopped raining and Nathan took a few extra minutes before going to work to take him out. Poor baby. I dried him with a fluffy towel and gave him breakfast so he is a happy dog now.

Our beautiful Crepe Myrtles are getting more and more yellow leaves. The oaks are rapidly losing their leaves. But on a happy note, my plants outside are really growing and new life is springing forth. I will have to bring them inside soon. Right now they are fine outside but soon the nights will be too cold for them.

I will have you in my thoughts today as you attend the wake for your Aunt Lucy and then your evening class. Hugs, Beth and Cisco.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Monday Morning y'all! Glad you and Pogo are well! so sorry to hear about your Aunt Lucy. Thanks for the pages I have picked up and neglect to say thank you! I've just been so "outta sorts" lately and so very anti-social (not me at all), guess I'm just learning to be a crabby old goat....ROFL. Beautiful colors to your trees, we have finally had a cool (mid 70's) spell with leaves turning, falling, dancing across the grass and driveways until they finally got wet and now have the yards covered...all within 2 days! Change happens too quickly! Anyhow, y'all have a great week ahead and thanks for stopping by my place and thanks for the daily e-mails! Hugs, Mat

LV said...

Never a dull day in your world.

smiekeltje said...

Brrr, old man winter is really around the corner, isn;t he?
He should stay away longer for now
Glad you are going with Deanne to the wake of Aunty Lucy.

And then you can focus your mind on your class.

Jan is still not feeling as he should. But he will not go to a doctor, until he is half dead. I cannot change that in his mind.
So we'll see how today goes.
I will go out today, have to do some minor grocerie shopping. Have to dress a bit warm, because temps are only around 5-6C
Till tomorrow, dear,
Hugs
Kyra