Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Getting A Late Start Today

November 22, 2016

Good morning.  (even though it's almost afternoon)  Methinks that winter has set in.  Today's temps aren't expected to get out of the 30's.  Yes, the sun is shining, but it is still cold outside.  Brrrr!

Yesterday I worked on finding photos for my calendar.  I'm almost there.  I just need to pick out three more photos then I can make the calendar.  I'll try to finish this project later today so I can start on my Christmas cards. 

I also looked up some information on my Calibrachoa plants to find out if they were perennials or annuals.  Their labels did not have that information, and I thought they were annuals.  Well, surprise, surprise!  They are perennials! These plants are all in pots, and unfortunately the freezing cold at night has killed off all the flowers and a lot of the stems.


The information I found on the web said that I could take cuttings from them, place them in water till they rooted, then plant the new seedlings in soil.  So, last night Joe brought the plants indoors, and later today I'll see about taking some cuttings.

When I took my turkey out of the refrigerator yesterday, I found that it was all thawed out, so I cleaned it and put it in a turkey bag (inside a pan of course) and popped it in the oven.  Once it was cooked, I let it cool and then sliced most of the meat off it.  Aside from keeping some out for our supper and a salad, I bagged and froze the rest of the meat for a future salad.  So, guess what I'm having for lunch today???

I found a turkey cooking chart online that I thought I would share here for those of you who might need to know how long to cook your turkey.


Last night, I feel asleep early, and woke up super early this morning.  Pogo and I had breakfast, and then I went back to bed shortly after seven a.m. to catch a few more winks.  This explains why I am posting so late today.  Now I really must get busy here and see about finishing off my calendar project.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I've not tried using the bags for the turkey, but the previous owner of this house told me that's how she did hers, so I'm excited to try it later in December when the kids come over the holiday break.

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Thank You for the Turkey cooking chart. I am saving it so that I can refer to it when needed. Good for you for getting your turkey done, and bagged the rest of the meat other than what you saved out for your salad. By the way it really does sound delicious.

It is so nice that you were able to get a few more winks of sleep. For me I did have a nap today. I have been having them for a while now. It seems to help me have a little more energy for the evening.

It was good to talk to you today and that you were able to get your Christmas cards and Calendars ordered. That and a good price too! I love your cards and calendars. They are really nice. I love the calendars because I can circle my doctors appointments on them and have a daily look to make sure that I don't forget the important dates.

Cisco and I had scrambled eggs for dinner tonight. Along with a fluffy biscuit. Too bad that his did not have but a smidgeon of jam on his but he is laying in the floor scooting all over the carpet in the bedroom cleaning his face. It was a yummy treat for him.

I am headed for the shower and then off to bed. It has been one of those days so I am ready to call it a night.
Cisco said to tell Pogo thank you every time he has one of his bones... I send you lots of hugs and best wishes as well my friend. Rest Well...... Love, Beth and Cisco

smiekeltje said...

Good, your turkey is ready LOL!
And oh wow, now suddenly you almost have all the photos for the calendar.
I don';t know if you will succeed in taking cutlings from the plants Sometimes it goes easy, sometimes no luck But why not try it?
Glad you could go back to bed agaion to take some more winks
I did have a good sleep too, this night, I just woke up once for a few minutes, to do something necessary, went back and fell asleep again and woke up around 09.00 Lovely.
I'll have to do some more grocerie shopping today, and then should also do some vacuum cleaning and so.
I almost cannot imagine that in less than 2 weeks I will be decorating for Christmas!
(I feel tired already thinking about it, but once started and then finished I know I will feel satisfied, so as long as we can do it, I will keep it up).
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra