My Pix Show 04

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Just A Quiet Day In New England

January 17, 2016

Good morning.  Gosh, I've been trying so hard all morning to sleep in late, but it is just not working.  First Pogo wanted to go out into the house and get his turkey treat from Joe.  Next I made Pogo his breakfast and then I tried to go back to bed for a while.  But then my cell phone started making noises.  One call followed by two text messages.  I shut the phone off and rolled over.  Too late.  Groan, groan.

Early this morning the sky was flooded with sunlight.  Right now, the sky is gray.  How quickly the weather changes.  I went into my photo archives for some early morning photos of the sky.  These were taken in 2012.  The first was taken just before I left work, and the second photo was taken soon after on my way home from work.

I chose these two photos because it shows how quickly the clouds roll in and change the day's weather.   By the time I got home this particular morning, it was cloudy and gray outside.  Another quick weather change.

Well, I think I have a crochet dilemma.  I've finished the first sections of both colors for the Medium Rose afghan, and I'm not happy.   The Artist Print yarn keeps splitting, causing messy little mistakes all over the place.  I've taken it all out twice and put it back on.  I thought I finally had it all set with no split yarns, but then I found a couple more of them back a few rows. 

My dilemma is now what to do.  Do I rip it all out and do it over again, or do I rip it all out and look for another yarn to use with the rose yarn.   Oh dear, decisions, decisions.  Well, until I decide which way to go, I'll have to find another project to work on. 

It may be gray outside, so today is probably a good day to do some laundry.  And watch TV.  And laze about.  Sounds like a plan.  Hmmm, now what's happening?  Pogo is in the pantry barking at someone in the house.  I guess I should go see what's going on. 

Seems like one of the dwarfs was sweeping the floor in the laundry room, and Pogo is just putting in his two cents' worth.   He has to let everyone that he's the boss around here.  What a guy!!

Well, there's not much happening here so I think I'll get started on that laundry.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.


smiekeltje said...

Pity you didn;t get the chance to sleep longer. May be you can take a nap after doing the laundry?
It's irritating that the yarn keeps splitting and causing mistakes.
Could you change it in the shop for another yarn? Then if so that would be better and choose another yarn to go with the rose one.
I still haven;t decided what to do today. That are tough decisions to make, as you know LOL.
Probably I will take a little walk, it looks nice outside, although a bit cold.
And the house could do with some cleaning too, but I dont know how far I will get. Hmmmmm, we'll just see.
You have a great day and talk to Pogo, that he shouldn;t make too much noise when you are still asleep.

Garla Reed said...

HI Edna,

It is a brisk 48 here this morning. 34 when I went to bed last night. I had to open my vent so I could get a little heat into this part of the house.
I did not have a good day yesterday. My pain got the best of me and made me super grouchy. Carol came over and right off the bat she really irritated me to the point that I was very blunt and said a few things that I am not proud of but really needed to be said. She let it roll off of her like water but it stuck with me, put a cloud right over our day out. I finally told her to just take me home. We both knew that I was really in a lot of pain. I could barely walk and could not stand to be touched at all.

When I came home I undressed and went to bed. She and Karyn had a glass of Blackberry Merlot that Karyn bought. I did not have any as I had just taken one of my pain pills. I rarely drink wine anymore. It is a special occasion and yesterday was not the day to break out the new bottle that I had bought.

Valentines Day is right around the corner. Years ago I belonged to a stamping club where we bought a new stamp a month and made cards for everyone in our group and friends. I really miss that group. We all left little by little... I do stay in touch with a few of the girls but most I haven't heard from in years and no one knows where or how to get in touch with them. I think that if I still have my stamps I might do hand made Valentines this year. Karyn thinks she has them but Laurie said that she had them in North Carolina and when they moved several boxes were lost by the moving company when the Military shipped their things to Texas. Thankfully they were reimbursed for what they lost. But a lot of things were lost. Adrian and Cathy's baby books that I had made for them and family pictures as well.

Cisco is sleeping peacefully and has been such a champ staying close to me yesterday. He knew that I felt bad and he never left my side. Even when I went to the bathroom he followed me to the door and waited. What a love. He had his last Christmas Treat that you sent to him before bed last night. I have been breaking them apart to make them last longer but he doesn't care. To him it is the excitement of getting the treat.

They called for rain yesterday but it didn't happen here. The day was just beautiful with the sun shining and the pleasant temps. It did get rather cold here last night tho.

Well time for me to get a few things done. I am thinking of calling my doctor in the morning and see if I can get in a little earlier. This pain meds that he has me on is not helping at all. I bought a new bath and shower gel with Lavender and Peppermint. I think that I will use it this morning and spray my room with lavender. That should be soothing.... Give Pogo my love and tell him to let you sleep.... (Smile) and about the yarn, I have noticed that mine is coming apart as well. If you get the chance try to take it back for an exchange. It would probably be easier to do that than to rip it all out again.

Lots of love and hugs from this end to you and Pogo... Beth and Cisco..