Sunday, February 22, 2015

Snow And Rain Forecast For Today (What Else Is New?)

February 22, 2015

Good morning.  It's not quite daylight yet, only 5:30 a.m.and it is snowing.   The snow started some time during the night, and so far the build up isn't too bad.  At the moment, it's 33F degrees with the possibility of making it to 38F.  I'm not sure if we're going to get any rain yet.  I'll just have to wait and see what the day brings.

They said on TV that so far there have only been five days this month where there was no snow falling in our area.  One look at my yard, and you can see why.  It will probably take us till April to get rid of all the snow piled up here.

Yesterday was a rather blah day here.  I keep trying to think what it was that I accomplished but nothing comes to mind.  Aside from washing a couple of Pogo's fuzzy blankets, it was a day of rest.  I did get a couple of packages in the mail.  (Wow, mail three days in a row!!)  One box was full of new things for Pogo.  Jammies, a tee shirt and sweaters, and nothing fit him.  The box will have to be sent back. 

The other package held one of my scrap pages printed on metal.  Oh my, did it ever come out great!!  Now I just have to find a good spot to hang it.  I used one of the Amazon Local deals to purchase this item.  If this service is offered in your area, do sign up for it.  There are some really great bargains offered every two or three days. 

Amazon also offers a free kindle app for your laptop, phone or tablet.  Download this and get daily offers for free or very low cost books.  This is where I get most all my books now.  For reasonably priced "paper" books, I buy from the Amazon bookstore.  You can't beat their prices.  (no, this is not a paid advertisement)

Today I have some cute photos of one of our little wrens.  They are just the cutest little birds.  They love the peanut butter.  Actually all the birds and the squirrels like the peanut butter.  I buy the biggest jar I can find and spread it really thick on hamburger rolls.  They don't last very long, so we put new ones out quite often. 




I've been crocheting a bit on the blue afghan, and I'm hoping to finish it this week.  There are only eighteen more rows to go.  I've slowed down a bit, so I probably won't be able to make as many this year as I did last year.  But that's okay because there are a few other crochet projects that I want to work on too. 

Well, Joe is up and Pogo has gone out to the house to have his turkey treat.  So I guess it's time for me to get started on a few things around here.  Today I want to start packing my "mailer box".  This is the one that I mail to myself in Florida.  It will be waiting for me when I arrive.  I also want to wash my Spring clothes that I am packing to take with me.  We need to assemble the roof rake too so that Joe can try it out. 

On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You probably already know this but you can get free books on Kindle.

http://digitalbooktoday.com/free-kindle-books-amazon/

smiekeltje said...

Funny, that sometimes we don;t do much on a day and the day after we try soooo hard to remember what we actually did LOL!
The little birds in your yard look very happy and they should be, you take good care of them.
Well, I should do a post on my blog now, with a funny"note in it.
Have a good day, my friend.
Hugs
Kyra

Unknown said...

I am sorry that I didn't get to read your blog yesterday but my son commandeered the computer. He let me on last night when I was too tired to do anything lol.

Too bad the box of Pogo's things didn't fit him. At least you can send it back.

The birds are precious as always. I love the picture with his little wings spread. How sweet is that?

I will check back to see your blog for today. I am running behind this morning but I did post on my blog so I accomplished something... Have a great day. Hugs, Beth