Tuesday, October 21, 2014

An Afghan With A Feisty Personality

October 21, 2014

Good morning.  It's a bit damp and on the gray side here in my little part of New England.  However, the temperature has gone up a little bit.  Today will be in the mid to upper 50's, and in the lower 50's tonight.  It's good weather to stay indoors and crochet. 

Speaking of crochet, I mentioned earlier that I had started a new afghan using colors that match the colors in the "bad TV screen" photo.  In the future, I'll refer to this afghan as the "fried TV" afghan.  Well, I had almost enough rows done on it to photograph, and what did my eyes behold?  There was an unfixable boo boo way back..... about five rows back to be exact.  

I tore the five rows out and started over.  After putting two of these rows back on, I found that I had made another mistake at the very beginning of the first of these two rows.  Here we go again.  Once more, I tore the two rows out.  This afghan is really quite pretty, however, it is definitely not going to be a picnic to work on. 

Today I have photos of a couple of the birds that live around here.  The photo of the Blue Jay was taken a couple of days ago, and the other photo was taken a couple of months ago.  I'm not too sure what that bird is.



Yesterday was a rather quiet day.   I did a couple loads of laundry and worked on designing this year's Christmas card.  I couldn't make up my mind, so I ended up with two cards.  Now I just have to pick one of them and have my cards printed.  This week, I need to get busy deciding on the photos for the new calendar.  I would like to have that ready for printing soon.

Poor Pogo has been having a "Joe and turkey treat" withdrawal these past few days.  Last night,  he finally gave in and let dwarf Mikey feed him his turkey treat.  Boy oh boy, did he ever gobble that turkey down!!!  Hopefully, Joe will be coming home this afternoon after work. 

Well now I think I'll make myself a hot cup of coffee and get back to working on that Fried TV afghan.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

It looks like the fried TV afghan is giving you as much grief as the TV did - not good! I think the colors will make a great afghan though. I remember a quilt I made with lots of different colors with hot pink as the accent. I ended up calling it the Pepto Bismol quilt since looking at it could cause some indigestion. You have a good day and better luck fighting with that yarn.

Kathy said...

I hate when I have to rip things out over and over. I hope the third time's the charm for you. Can't wait to see it. I'm trying to imagine what it looks like.

smiekeltje said...

Sometimes the crocheting(or kintting) just doesn't want to go as it should and oh my, how often I ripped off rows, or a complete work!
So Pogo finally gave in, he missed his turkey just too much LOL!
Waiting for health care now, so I think I will start my post on Blogger.
Have a great day!
Hug
Kyra