Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The SX50 Has An Awesome Zoom Lens

June 10, 2014

Good morning.  It's 6:10 a.m. and it is cloudy and damp.  But it is warm.  Today is supposed to be cloudy and near 80 F degrees with scattered rain showers.  It was nice last night that I was able to leave the window open a bit all night. 

I have the neatest photos to share this morning.  Yesterday morning when I was putting my things in my car (to go home), I noticed a speck of movement on the barn roof.  To my surprise, there was a robin sitting up there.  So I grabbed my camera and took some photos with the lens zoomed out. 

Wow, what great shots!  Then I took a couple shots of the scene so that you could see how far away the barn and the robin were.  Even though I haven't learned how to use all the functions on this Canon Power Shot SX50 HS, it definitely can take nice photos.

This first photo shows the distance to the barn.  (The gray and red building way behind the beauty bush.)  I have put a circle around where the robin is perched, with an arrow pointing to the robin.


Next are two shots of the robin.  I am so impressed at how good the zoom is on this little camera. 



Today I'm going to see if Amazon has a book on how to use this camera.  If they do, I'm going to order one.  I want to learn more about how to take macro and motion shots with this camera. 

Yesterday I finished the brown afghan, wrapped it up and put it away with the others.  Then I got the navy blue afghan started.   First, I was curious how the colors would look together.  Second, I like to have more than one started so that I if I start to get bored, I put one down and pick up another.   Here's a photo of how the navy blue afghan is looking.


Sunday, I picked up a bottle of the new "Amish Secret" furniture polish (as seen on TV), and today I'm going to try it out.  The ad says that this polish makes it harder for the dust bunnies to accumulate.  I hope so because I'm not thrilled with chasing after them all the time. 

Today is also a good day to do some more shredding.  I don't like to toss things out before removing any personal information that might be on them.  Although I often wonder if this really helps.  I mean, when you mail something your return address is on it.  Do you suppose the recipient of the piece of mail is also shredding things with your information on them?  Hmmm, food for thought.

Well, that's it for this morning.  Now I'm going to see if I can tempt little Mr. Pogo to eat his breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: