Friday, June 13, 2014

Pogo Says "Why Eat Chicken When You Can Have Steak?"

June 13, 2014

Good morning.  Today it's quite gray and wet here in New England.  We are having rain showers on and off all day.  I'm thinking that today will be another lazy day.  Yesterday I only did a bit of laundry and gathered more papers to shred.  In the afternoon, I took Joe food shopping.

At the market, I picked up a roasted chicken in hopes of enticing Pogo to eat all of his supper.  Would you believe?  He turned up his nose at it.  Some days there is no pleasing this little guy.

Last night I thought I would do a bit of crocheting, but I fell asleep.  Hmmm, all that food shopping must have worn me out.  lol!  Unfortunately, that meant that I woke up around 3:45 a.m. 

For some reason, both Pogo and I had the "wicked hungries" so I went looking in the refrigerator to see what we could eat.  There were two strip steaks that I had thawed out, so I figured why not.  Just before 4:30 a.m., Pogo and I sat down to a very tasty steak breakfast.  Mmmm, Mmmm.  Pogo licked his plate clean!  After that, it was back to bed time for a few more winks. 

I got a lovely surprise in my email this morning.  There was a wonderful scrap layout featuring one of the doggie pictures that I had posted earlier.  Thank you so much Carolyn.  I love surprises.  The background on this layout is just fabulous.


I have another photo to share with you.  This one was taken by daughter Audrey with her cell phone when she was on her way to work a couple mornings ago.  The rising sun was so big and beautiful against the coral and pink sky.  What a super shot, Audrey!


Today I was hoping to take some photos in my garden, but I may wait till this weekend when the sun is shining,  The prolonged cold season and extra rainfall has not been good for most of my plants.  Especially the rose bushes.   My rhodies, however, are looking fabulous. 

Well, that's about it for this morning.  Now I'll go see what sort of mischief I can get into today.  Till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: