Friday, June 6, 2014

My Green Thumb Has Withered And Gone Bye Bye

June 6, 2014

Good morning.  It is still morning for a few more minutes.  It was toasty and comfy under the covers this morning so I rolled over and had me a few more winks.  Alas, all good things must come to an end.  It was way past time to make breakfast for Pogo.  So off I went to the kitchen to prepare a tasty dish for my little guy.  Of course he did not eat it.  It was dog food.  Ah well, I tried.

I will have to go on-line to see if there are any liquid doggie vitamins.  They say that dog food is full of necessary vitamins, but Pogo does not eat much of the dog food, so he does not get his vitamins.  There are plenty of vitamin pills, but there is no chance of getting any of them down this little guy's throat. 

Yesterday it rained all day, but today the sun is shining.  We did not go food shopping yesterday because Joe was soaking wet when he got home from work (he walks part of the way) so we'll go later this afternoon. 

Last night, I worked on the brown afghan, and now there are just eighteen more rows to go till it is finished.  This weekend, DIL Janet and I are (hopefully) going yarn shopping.  There are a couple more colors that I need to finish off a couple more afghans.

I went into my photo archives and pulled out a couple of shots from last June.   This first photo is self explanatory, and the second photo is a fun shot of raindrops on my rose bush.



Two years ago this month, my grandson brought me a desert rose plant.  It had one beautiful bloom, and has since been struggling to stay alive.  Over the years I've lost my green thumb touch with plants.  This poor darling has never bloomed again, and has very few leaves left.  Sigh..... I would take a current photo, but it is quite embarrassing.


Well, there's really not much news for today so I think I'll get busy and do a few chores around the house.  Very few.  Only what I have to.  (Can you tell I don't love housework?)  Tonight I want to finish the brown afghan and put a few more rows on the raspberry one. 

This weekend I'm back to work both nights.  I think I've finally decided that I will work till my birthday, then retire.  I am committed to working the Labor Day weekend because my friend at work will be away then.  After that, I will give my notice.  Of course, plans could change if any new people are hired to fill in some of the shifts.

On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: