Monday, June 16, 2014

Mary Mary, Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

June 16, 2014

Tis Monday morning, and I'm at work.  The temperature is around 62 F degrees, and will be up to about 74F degrees later today.   Another two and a half hours, and I can head on home.  Woo Hoo!  I love Monday mornings! 

After yesterday morning's workout, I was finally able to curl up in my lounge chair and get a few winks.  After an episode like yesterday's, my little guy waits for me to settle down, either at the computer or in my lounge chair.  Then he comes over and snuggles against my leg and looks up at me with that "Do you still love me?" look.  Oh boy, I'm done for!  Of course I have to pick him up and cuddle.

Later today, I'm hoping to do a bit of shopping.  I need to pick up a few more clothing items for daughter Laura Jean, and then I want to stop by The Dollar Store.  They always have some very good buys.  Dwarf Helen picked up a bathroom cleaner there for only $1 that works so much better than the more expensive brand item that I've been using.  They also have these wonderful plastic water bottles, and they too are only $1 each.  Can't beat a great price!

Today I thought I'd post a few photos from my garden.  The first two photos are gorgeous irises, and the last photo is one of the pink peonies.




Some plants aren't doing as well this year, but I blame that on the wicked weather we've had all year.  Hopefully, they will all be doing much better next year.  Even the roses aren't doing as well as they have in the past.  I'm thinking that maybe this week, Joe can give the gardens a healthy dose of vitamins and plant food. 

Gosh, the Mrs has been so good all last evening and throughout the night, but now she is getting quite cranky.  I feel so bad for the person coming on when I leave.  It makes for a very long day when the Mrs goes on a rampage.  (Now that's a word you don't hear very often any more!)

I think today I'll finish off the raspberry afghan, then I'll take a photo of it.  That will make seven afghans finished.  Plus Pogo's small one.  When I finish up all the Christmas (they were going to be for birthdays but I changed my mind.) afghans, I have another pattern that I want to try.  I think I'll start making some squares with the left over yarns too, and later make a large spread with them.

Because it's Mandarin Orange Monday, I thought I'd like to see what my iris would like if it were a beautiful orange color.  Oh my, this is gorgeous.  I planted an orange iris bulb a couple of years ago, but to date, it has never appeared.  Hmmm, perhaps it was one of the bulbs that the critters ate?

 
Well, that's it for this morning.  Soon it will be time to pack up my things to head for home.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.


No comments: