Monday, June 23, 2014

Mandarin Orange Monday

June 23, 2014

Good morning.  I looked out the window a little before 5 a.m. this morning, and noticed how one side of the field across the street was filled with mist, but not the other side.  Mist and fog move quickly, so I got my little camera and went outside to get some photos. 

A few minutes later, while I was looking at the photos, I looked out the window and saw that the mist was moving across to the other side of the field.  So, out I went again to take more photos.  It's interesting to watch how the mist moves and covers the land.





While I was outside, I took a few shots of the moon too.  It was just a sliver, but oh so pretty against the light blue sky.


Today is Mandarin Orange Monday, and I thought I would join in again.  I used one of my robin photos and changed the background with textures and a gradient.  It's sort of like he is sitting by the end of the rainbow looking over his domain.  Lucky bird.

 
It hasn't been a bad night here at work, as the Mrs has been behaving fairly well.  Still, I will be happy to see seven o'clock come around and I can head on home.  I miss my little Pogo when I am away from home.
 
Last night I worked a bit more on the navy afghan, and now it is about one third done.   I don't put very many rows on here at work because I get a lot of interruptions, but every row gets me closer to the finish.  As for the suggestion to sell these on Etsy, I think that would take the fun out of making them.  I don't have to make the ones I'm making.  But they are for people I love, so it is fun and relaxing.  But who knows?  Making some day when I have so many piled up with no one to give them to.  lol.
 
I've been thinking about how I want my afghan to be when I start making it.  I'm thinking that I'll make it more blanket sized.  Hmmm, rather ambitious.  I'm not ready to do this yet, so there's still plenty of time to change my mind.
 
Lately I've been thinking I might like to make a few pieces of jewelry for a couple of folks on my holiday list.  So, over the weekend, I gathered up some of my tools and maybe tomorrow I'll see what I can make.  This will be a nice change of pace.
 
I'm looking out the window now, and the mist is all gone.  The field across the street is now flooded with sunlight.  I guess we're in for another beautiful day here in my little part of the world.  On that note, it's time for me to put my things away and go check on the Mrs again.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.


No comments: