Sunday, June 22, 2014

It's Summer Time Already

June 22, 2014

Good morning.    What a gorgeous weekend we are having here in New England.  Tis sunny with a slight breeze, and the temps are just right.  What a great way to start the new season.  Yup, it's already summer, and in another week we'll be celebrating the Fourth of July.  Wow, this year is just slipping away.

Some of the garden plants are starting to perk up and blossom.  The rhodies have bloomed and gone by, but the roses are putting on a splendid color show.  Here's a photo of Joe tending to the garden, and a couple photos of the blooms.




This week I'll take photos of the veggies.  They are starting to get little flowers now, so pretty soon we'll be seeing little peppers, cukes, squash and tomatoes.  Nothing beats picking dinner from the garden!

Well, last night was a work night, and the Mrs did behave most of the evening.  Hopefully that's a good sign and she'll behave tonight too.  After she went to bed last night, I was able to work on the navy blue afghan for a while.  I am working on three different afghans at the moment, so whichever one is the smallest is the one I take with me to work. 

If I can finish all three afghans before August, I'll be quite happy.  That will give me plenty of time to work on some new projects.  I also want to make myself an orange afghan.  I love Pogo's little afghan, but I need one just a little bigger for me.

I just took a short break to go outside and spread around a bowl full of peanuts and sunflower seeds for all the birdies and little critters.  I wasn't quite back inside when they all came out to gather up all the new goodies. 

I took a few photos from the kitchen window and picked out one to share.  It's not quite clear, but it shows a couple of sparrows eyeing each other as  they get ready to dine at the feeder.  They are so darn cute!!


I'll go through the other photos and pick out some to share tomorrow.  I'll get a few shots of the pink rose tree too.  It is getting quite full and has lots of blossoms.  Unfortunately, it looks like I definitely killed my beautiful yellow rose tree by cutting it back too severe and at the wrong time of year.  I'll leave it in hopes that maybe next year it might come back.  We'll see.

Well now it's time to do a couple of things around here before it's naptime for this adorable little old lady.  I want to play with Pogo for a while too.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: