Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Wonderful New Law!

June 12, 2014

Good morning.  Well, yesterday was certainly a busy day.  As I look around me, I'm not sure what exactly it was that I accomplished, but I was busy.  At least my shred box is filling up.  Today I will go through a lot more of the paper "things" that I have stashed away over time, and hopefully my shred box will be overflowing when I finish. 

I did spend some time on-line searching for a manual for my little camera, but alas, there is no such book yet.  I will keep watching, and as soon as one is available I will get a copy.  Meanwhile I guess I will have to put in the disc and pull up the PDF file.  I can print out the sections on Macro and motion.

Yesterday's newspaper had a very interesting article titled "Making sure Fido is safe in a storm."  A new Massachusetts law will require all communities to incorporate pets into emergency evacuation and shelter plans for when severe storms and disasters strike.

Many of our communities already accommodate our pets at makeshift shelters during these crisis times.  This new law will help to ensure the safety of people with pets in disasters, as many pet owners will not evacuate unless they can bring their pets.  I am one of those people, and I say "Yeah!  It's about time!"

I have a photo from the web to share that reminds me so of Pogo.  Whenever a spot of sunshine comes in through the window he will curl up on the floor and soak up the sunshine.  Just like all these adorable doggies.


I'm watching the Weather Channel, and they are showing photos of a "wall cloud".  Wow!  I saw one of these years ago while I was in Florida, but I never knew what it was.  I will say that it was really scary.  I was driving my car, and when I looked out the side window all I could see was a black cloud that came all the way down to the ground. 

Here's a photo I downloaded from Google to show you what this wall cloud looks like.  It actually comes all the way down to the ground.


Well, that's my news for this morning.  So far, the weather is looking quite cloudy outside my window.  I think I'll leave it out there.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: