Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Taste Of Summer Weather

June 3, 2014

Good morning.  Oh my, but it is another gorgeous day here in New England. (Mid eighties F degrees)  Alas, as Pogo and I found out on our walk yesterday, it is also mosquito season.   I will have to pick up a couple of those bug repellent things that you clip on to your belt, and clip one to Pogo's stroller,   I surely hope these things work because I'm not liking to spray stuff all over myself to keep the bugs away.

Yesterday, Pogo and I took a walk to see what the "water main" workers were doing.  By the time we got outside, they had already made their way further up the street.  It is kind of interesting how they clean out the water mains, but it does seem like a lot of repetitive work.  And, it leaves the road a mess. 

A few years ago, our street was re-surfaced.  When these guys finish their work, the street will be needing to be re-surfaced again.  (not that they will actually do it)  Here's a photo of what the street is looking like during this project.  Both sides of the whole street are lined with orange markets and water hoses.


When we came back from our little walk, we walked around the yard for a while, and I took some photos of the flowers that are blooming.  One of my rhododendron plants is in bloom, and gosh it is just beautiful.


Another plant that is blooming is the English Broom flower.  This one is a beautiful orange, red and yellow.  Here's a photo of it, plus a close-up of one of the stems.



After getting several mosquito bites, I decided it was time to go back indoors.  The good part of that was that the indoors had finally warmed up too.  It felt good to not be cold while in the house.  All in all it was a simply fabulous day.

After supper, I finished the red, white and blue afghan while watching NCIS on TV.  Once that one was wrapped and put away, I picked up the raspberry afghan to work on for a while.  I often wonder how my Aunt Lucy does it.  For years, she has made an afghan a week to give to shut ins and other needy folks.  Aunt Lucy is in her late eighties and is still knitting.  God bless her.

Well, I think today will be a lazy day with lots of rest.  Tonight is a work night for me.  After this, I will be back on my regular schedule until my friend at work needs some vacation time.  She called me last night to see if my weekend was a good one.  I knew right away that hers was not so  good.  She did both my weekend nights at work.  I told her to enjoy her Tuesday night off.

Well, that's my news for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: