Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Pattern For You To Try

June 17, 2014

Good morning.  It's not quite summer yet, but the temperatures are moving in here.  All this week, the temps will be in the low to mid eighties F.  Lots of sunshine with a little rain mixed in here and there is what the weather man is calling for. 

Yesterday's weather was quite nice but I spent most of the time resting and catching up on some sleep.  I did not even make it out to go shopping.  Ah well, maybe today.  I did work on the raspberry afghan a bit.  I thought I would finish it, but alas I did not.  Today, however, it will get finished because there are only five rows left to do on it. 


I thought I would post the pattern for this afghan in case anyone wants to try making one.  If you do, please send a photo.  I'd love to see it.

RIPPLE AFGHAN
Medium weight yarn (worsted) #4
3,470 yards total.
I buy 6 super saver Red Heart (364 yds ea.)  and 6 multi color Red Heart super saver (244 yds ea,)
I use a K crochet hook, and work with double strands throughout.

Chain 160 loosely.  I tie a little piece of scrap yarn near the beginning of Row 1 to mark the RIGHT side.

Row 1:  (right side)  SC in second CH from hook, and in next 9 CH's.  3 SC in next CH, SC in the next 10 CH's.    **skip next two CH's, SC in next 10 CH's, 3 SC in next CH, SC in next 10 CH's;  Repeat from ** across.  (161 sts)

Row 2:  CH 1, turn.   WORKING IN BACK LOOPS ONLY, pull up a loop in first 2 SC, YO and draw through all 3 loops on hook  (counts as one SC),   SC in next 9 SC, 3 SC in next SC,  **SC in next 10 SC,  skip next 2 SC,  SC in next 10 SC,  3 SC in next SC.  Repeat from ** across to last 11 sts.   SC in next 9 SC,  pull up a loop in last two SC, YO and draw through all 3 loops on hook (counts as one SC).

Repeat Row 2 till desired length.   I've been doing 106 rows  (10 rows of solid color, and 6 rows of multi color, ending with 10 rows of solid color).

There's not much news for today.  In a little while, Pogo and I are going to head out to do some errands and enjoy some sunshine.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: