Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Nice Surprse In My Mail Box

June 19, 2014

Good morning.  Sorry about not posting yesterday, but I had no phone or internet again until around 3 p.m..  This is the second time in a week that this has happened.  Needless to say, I called the cable company to let them know how upset I was.  After about a thirty minute go-round with someone who could barely speak English, I finally told him to have a repair man to my house before the afternoon was over. 

Mid afternoon, the cable repair man showed up and told me right away what my problem was even before he came into the house.  He said that my modem was at the end of it's life, and that the company should have notified me about it before it started causing problems.  He took out the bad modem and put in a new one.  Voila!  After about thirty more minutes, my phone and internet were working again.  Yeahhhhh!

I have something nice to share with you.  Yesterday I received a beautiful scrap page in my email from Nani, featuring her new afghan.  Folks, doesn't she have a most beautiful smile?  Thanks, Nani.  It really brightened up my whole day.


The last couple of days have been sunny and hot, hot, hot.  Today, however, is gorgeous!  It's cloudy, almost 80 F degrees, and there's a nice cool breeze.  Perfect!  Well, at least for this old lady.  I think it's supposed to be like this for the next few days.  Sighhhhhhhh.  It feels so gooooood!

The other day I took some photos (through the kitchen window) of baby sparrows sitting way up on a tree branch waiting for their Mom to bring them food.   It's such fun to watch all the different baby birds. 


DIL Janet came by yesterday after work, and we enjoyed a really nice visit.  After supper, we took up our crocheting.  The afghan she is making for me is just gorgeous!   I had already finished the raspberry afghan, so I started a second red, white and blue one.   Now I have three different ones started to work on.  They should keep me busy for a few weeks. 

Today I'll probably do a load of laundry and maybe chase some dust bunnies around.  Later this afternoon, I'll take Joe food shopping.   Right now, Pogo and I are going to watch Thomas And His Friends (on TV).  So, on that note I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a splendid day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: