Friday, April 20, 2012

Yesterday, I Fell In Love

April 20, 2012

Good morning.  Today is one of the last two beautiful days before the rain and cooler temps take over for a while.  And yes, Tootsie and I are going to spend part of the day outside.  Because I worked last Monday, I have today off.  Woo Hoo!  First, we have to wait for the fuel oil delivery, then the rest of the day is ours.

Yesterday, Tootsie and I went to the car wash.  She had a wonderful time barking at the attendants for touching her car,   Even better, she got to bark at all those "tentacles" flapping at the car while it was being sprayed with water.  She did a wonderful job of protecting us.

Next, we went looking for the new Hyundai dealership not far from us, and got our 6000 mile maintenance check done.  While we were waiting for the car to be tended to, we walked around and ooohed and ahhhhed over all the beautiful new cars.  Oh my!!!  I fell in love with the lime green one!!!  There it sat, in all it's splendor!!  Now if the Hyundai gods could just put that beautiful color on a Tucson, and add in a sky roof, I would have a very difficult time walking away from it.  drool, drool, drool.

They even have an "orange" color, though it's too bronzy for me.  I did mention to the salesperson that it would be so much prettier if the orange had more tangerine in it.  Now that could also tempt me.  Don't get me wrong, I do love my little red car, but these new colors are just so tempting.

Today, I have a photo of one of the beautiful orange tulips that is blooming in my little garden. 


Next, we have another of Mary Ann's bird photos.  This one is a Ladder-Backed Woodpecker. 


The new photography theme at the Hummies World forum is about making small things big, or macro.  I will post this next shot there.  It's the center of an orange poppy.


I also did a bit of food shopping yesterday afternoon, and picked up a roasted chicken for Miss Tootsie.  I gave her a nice big bowl full of that delicious chicken, and she was like a child with a bowl of Christmas candy!!!  Lick, lick, chomp, chomp.  All gone.  Mmmmmm, she was still licking her chops while she was resting her fat little belly on her new bed.

Last night, I finally installed my puzzle game into the new PC, and then spent a couple of hours relaxing while doing a couple of jig saw puzzles.  A wonderful way to end an enjoyable day.  Now I think I'll rustle up some breakfast.  I bought some raisin spice oatmeal that sounds pretty good.  Tootsie can't have raisins so she can have some Cheerios.

Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

I love the orange poppy against the blue background. Isn't it fun shopping for new cars? So many options to play with.
Good for Tootsie! Sounds like her appetite is back. Baxter (She Devil) hides most of the day as they work on the roof, she hates the noise.