Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Are We Ever Really Alone?

April 25, 2012

Good morning, and thank you for your help with this new Blogger setup.  Yesterday morning was a bit frustrating, but with a bit of help from my friends, it's not quite so scary anymore. 

The sun is shining here in my little part of New England.  The rain has decided to drizzle in spurts here every now and then.  Works for me!  The temps are only up to about 60 during the day, so I had to turn the heat back on.  My part of the house gets cold when it is damp outside. 

Let me share a strange story with you.  In late 2007, my hubby passed away.  Dealing with loss is never easy, and on one particular day on my way home from shopping I stopped at an intersection with a red light, and got quite a jolt.  Directly across the street, on the front of a building was a huge white sign.


I never saw this sign before and was a bit stunned by it.  Later, when I went back with my camera to take a photo of it, the sign was no longer there.  By now, I figured my mind was slipping away.  Early in 2005, my daughter Kerri Anne was killed in a car crash.  I finally decided that maybe this had been a sign that she was there to help me through a difficult time.

A few days ago, I was coming home from visiting with my daughter Deanne, and I passed a huge red sign on the front of a different building.  I immediately turned my car around and stopped to take a phtoograph. 


The first sign had been on the front of a store, and this one was on the front of an apartment building.  Sometime this week, I am going back to see if the sign is still there.  So now I'm wondering if my mind is playing tricks on me or if it is just keeping me alert and on my toes.  I do believe that our loved ones' spirits never really leave us as long as we need them.

This week it's my turn to post the Photography Theme at Hummies World forum, and I've chosen to share photos of our collections.  I have a beautiful doll collection, and one of my favorites is "First Step" from Ashton Drake Gallery.  It brings back memories of teaching my first born to walk.  Anyone can participate in the photo theme, so do have a look and join in.  Here's a photo of my doll.  Isn't she just precious? 


Now I think I should stuff this adorable little body into some clothes and get started on this new day.  It would be a waste not to get out and enjoy some of this sunshine.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

I'm glad the new Blogger stress is down a little today. Change keeps us alert, right?

Maybe you should go in and see if there is a shop or something attached with ="The Kerry Anne." Maybe there's something special for you to find?

What a sweet doll, so classic-looking. I didn't have kids of my own to teach to walk, but I was part of many first steps with my nieces and with friends' kids. Truly special!

Wet and chilly here tonight too. I hope we hate March back soon! :)

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

A special story about the sign!!! I too stronly believe the loved ones that passed away, are somewhere, in some shape, around us and still watching and sometimes helping us.
Oh, not too much, cause we should be able to cope for ourselves, but just sometimes, they give us some extra strength, to uplift us when we are having a hard time.
Good suggestion from Nani, to see what the sign is about, it could have something special for you in store, who knows?

The doll is just beautiful!

Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra