Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gosh, I Just Love Santa Claus!

December 13, 2011

This morning, we have fabulous sunshine and no wind.  I looked out the kitchen window and noticed that while the water in the bird bath is frozen, the yellow rose is still looking beautiful.  I call this a gift, and I'm grateful for it.  I took a photo because the nights have been cold, and it may not last much longer.


I've been busy clearing the card table of all the wrapping stuff so that I can get my tree up.  I taped up the last Christmas box to go out, and labeled it.  Later today, I will make my last trip to the post office to mail out boxes.  All I have left to do is pick up a gift certificate, make up a fruit basket and decide on a gift for my friend at work. 

A couple of days ago, I had a nice long chat with Santa Claus.  Gosh, I just love this man!  I was telling him that I'm thinking of getting a new net book (I gave my other one to my daughter when her laptop crashed).  It would be very handy for me to take back and forth to work, and for when I travel.  I love my laptop, but it does get heavy carrying it everywhere.

A few hours later, he showed up at my door with the cutest little 11.6" laptop, and told me to try it out.  If I like it, it's mine.  And if I don't like it he has someone else on his list to give it to.  Wow, this thing is so much lighter than my laptop.  Even though the screen is smaller, it's still big enough to work in Photoshop.    Now all I have to do is play with it for a bit to see if I want it.  DUH!  Is there any doubt?   Santa, you surely know how to put a big smile on this gal's face.!

My little Tootsie hasn't been doing so great in the walking department.  So every third day or so, I give her a larger dose of prednisone to help her walk.  The effects of the disease are beginning to take quite a toll on her.  It's been six years now,  and so far we have been able to ward off the worst of the bad effects.  But now they are catching up and she is slowing down a lot.

 I would put rugs everywhere, even in the kitchen to make her walking easier but she would just go around and roll all of them up into balls.  For some reason, she finds it more comfortable to lie on them when they are scrunched up into fuzzy lumps.  Here is a photo of her taken during the summer when she was having a good day.  Isn't she just precious? 


I'm taking her to Florida again this winter.  The warm weather there will feel good on her achy little bones.  (Mine too!)   All my time with her is a gift to cherish.  There are no guarantees on tomorrows.

Now I need to get back to setting up the tree.  I'm determined to get it finished today.  lol.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I'm hoping the heat will help Baxter also. Her last vet visit showed her numbers for the diabetes are very good, but she's still losing weight. They did a blood draw and will check her thyroid. Her meds keep the arthritis pain tolerable, but it is so expensive. Oh the things we do for our loved ones.

Nani said...

Edna, it’s so wonderful that the roses are still so bright, even with ice out with them! Tootsie is so cute in her dress. She must feel like a pretty girl when she wears them. My Aunt puts dresses on her pup and Zara (the pup) chews at them until she takes them off! I actually really like the moon pictures with the tree branches in them too. It really gives that “close but so distant” feel.

We just got home around noon and I’m doing some quick visiting with my favorite blogs before I get on with the tidying up before my ”mad baking days” start!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Oh, Santa is good to you! Have great fun with it.
She lookes real cute on that picture, that naughty Tootsie. You're right, every day she holds on is a gift. I think the warmth in Florida should do her good. And we know her as a brave girl, so she will love the trip!
Get us a picture of you Christmas tree when you're ready with it okay?
Hugs
Kyra