Sunday, December 4, 2011

Getting Caught Up With Everything

December 4, 2011

Good morning.  Do I dare say that we are once again enjoying a gorgeous sunny morning?  I just love the weather we've been having this Fall.  I could definitely handle this every year.  Daybreak this morning was just beautiful.  Have a look.


Last night after the Mrs was tucked into bed, I was able to work on my Photography Class homework.  One of the assignments was about enhancing photos.  I used a photo of a turkey vulture that I took last March.  Because of the sun, there was a purple outline on one side of the vulture.  I figured out how to get rid of the purple, sharpened it a tiny bit and brightened the colors just a tad.  Not too bad.


I think I will have this photo printed.  It would look great on the wall in the den.  Speaking of prints, I finished framing the prints that I have so far.  Seeing them in frames makes me feel so good about my photography.  I've come a long way in the last few years, and I still have a long way to go.  The best part is that I'm enjoying it so much.

I have one more assignment to finish to be caught up.  It's learning about how to use RAW files.  I gave it a try last night with a jpeg image, but I was totally lost.  Another class member gave me a couple of great tips that were super helpful.  This morning, I took a few photos in both RAW and jpeg, and I will work on it again later tonight.

Now it's time to rustle up some breakfast.  Tootsie is wearing out a path walking back and forth between the refrigerator and me.  Think she's hungry?  lol.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Jack Tyler said...

Hi, Edna. Just clicking on "Next Blog" and got dropped in here. I can't leave without leaving a compliment. Your pics are superb. I read Scientific American and National Geographic, and to my layman's eye, your work looks ready for either of their pages. Great work!

Nani said...

Edna, I love the sky this morning! The sunrise colors bouncing off the clouds are beautiful! We’ve just had rain since yesterday. In fact, it’s raining again now! But I’ll still take that and like it over snow any day!

I struggled with RAW files and still don’t completely get the difference. I don’t think I can shoot in RAW with my camera, but I know David intends to shoot exclusively in RAW with his new digital because it’s more versatile or better quality or both. I think I need to go back through my Photoshop book first and review how you use them, then, I don’t know, maybe I’ll email a friend to see if she can suggest a good source to learn more?? :D

Point is, after the beginning of the year, I’ll be the one training David on Photoshop and the video program for putting together digital “slide” shows!

I loved the “Twas The Night Before Christmas” reading when I called up your blog. Fun!

Have a wonderful day, my friend!
Hugs, Nani