Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's Class Time Again!

September 4, 2011

It's a beautiful morning here in my little part of the world.  Most everyone has their power and phones back on now.  Some folks are still grumbling about the slow service, but the utility workers have been working around the clock.  This hurricane that came in like a lion and slipped out like a lamb created so much havoc and devastation, and left everyone on the East Coast in a mess.  As soon as they are in the stores again, my first household purchase will be a generator. 

Yesterday I was able to spend a good part of the day finishing up our September collab kit.  Now I just have to get it wrapped, zipped and uploaded.  This afternoon, I want to get busy on my photoclass assignments.  Yup, I did it!  I enrolled in Hummie's Photography Class.  In just two lessons, I learned something new already.  But then my laptop charger cord died!

Hopefully, the power is back on at work too, and I can work on my assignments after the Mrs. goes to bed.  If not, there's always tomorrow.  Oh gosh, I so hope that the Mrs' power is back on!!  It is so boring sitting in a darkened room with a candle for light.  I have to keep creeping in to her room to make sure she is okay because the room monitor doesn't work without electricty. 

Our veggie garden is about done producing squash, beans and cucumbers, but I think the tomatoes should be okay for a while longer.  It seems like an awful lot of work went into creating so few veggies.  I wonder if it's worth it when you only plant a few plants.

I have a couple of photos to share that I took a little while back.  One is a little hummingbird with his tongue (I believe) sticking out, and the other is simply a peaceful scene of a flock of geese gliding across the pond.



Now it's time for Bonzo here to get dressed and maybe run the vacuum a bit.  I also want to go outside for a while with Tootsie and enjoy the sunshine.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Something for you on my blog!
Hugs