Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Marshmallows To The Rescue!

April 9, 2019

Good morning.  Daylight is breaking, and it's 6:08 a.m.  I managed to get a few hours sleep.  Of course, I had a nice nap yesterday afternoon.  It's cool today and cloudy.  Temps should get up into the high forties. 

Well, I made a lot of phone calls yesterday about the classes for Windows 10.  It seems that no one at the college knows anything about such a class.  After talking to several persons there, and still no class, I called the Senior Center. 

They have classes for all sorts of things, but none for Windows 10, or any other computer skills.  I did learn that I might try the local library.  So I did.  And, if I can get there today around ten a.m., I might be able to sign up for a class there.  There's even a possibility of one on one classes.  We'll see.  I'm going to try to make it over there to find out. 

The guy from Lincare fianlly showed up around 4:30 in the afternoon.  He checked my oxygen concentrator and found that it wasn't putting out any oxygen.  He did not know why, so he gave me a replacement unit. 

I asked him if these machines were supposed to quit working after just five years, and he said "no, they should last a lot longer."  It makes me wonder.  Once you have a machine for five years, the company can no longer charge you for it.  This month made five years.  Coincidence?  I was looking forward to not having to pay for it, and now I start my five years of paying all over again.  Go figure!

Once I was getting my oxygen again, I perked up a bit.  I emptied out two and a half bags of junk mail.  Slowly, I'm getting a few things done.  I even made a pie.  This one is strawberry, and oh my is it delicious!  The recipe is on my March 7 post. 

Today I'm cooking a corned beef and cabbage dinner in the slow cooker.  Mmmmmm!  This is one of my favorite meals.  They only offer these at Omaha Steaks for about one month, so this time I ordered two of them.  I also ordered a ham for our Easter dinner.  (me and Pogo)  My hubby always told me "if it's for you and me, it's not too expensive." 

These orders from Omaha Steaks make a wonderful gift for someone who is hard to buy for.  My son always says he doesn't need or want anything (for birthdays and Christmas) so I send him a big cooler full of food.  And, every so often, I order one for Pogo and me. 

Today I have some fun photos that I took a couple days ago out in the yard.  I love photographing the squirrels.  When there is food to be had, these little guys can be very creative about how to get at it. 




One of the squirrels ran way up on the Emperor Tree till he found what he was looking for.  Of course, in order to get at it, he had to hang upside down.


 While I was busy taking photos of the lilac bush and the trees, this little fellow sat on he Japanese Red Maple tree and just watched me.  They do have a sense of humor!


 Before I go, let me share a bit of wisdom.  Want to learn of a tasty way to heal a sore throat?  It's marshmallows!  The gelatin in these campfire confections coats the throat and relieves irritation and pain, so say the experts.  Just don't eat them too hot.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I I have Windows10 (automatic update) and still don’t know how to use it😊. I hope you get in the class and learn all about it. My Dad had one of those oxygen machines and sometimes they just quit working. Good thing you noticed something was wrong. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Annsterw said...

I love squirrels and corned beef and cabbage!!!! So cute and YUM! LOL! Not yum to squirrels - that is the so cute part! HA! There are a lot of videos (free) on youtube that teach you the basics of Windows 10. Just go to youtube.com and search for windows 10 training. Good luck! Have a great week Miss Edna!

Angelicastar said...

I have been cramping in the hands last week and this week also. I've been reading and see you are stressing about learning windows 10. It's not very difficult. You have Cortana to walk you through a lot of the apps in windows 10. Just be careful if you have internet data limits because windows 10 apps are live but you can right click on each one and click on more and turn the live apps off. You can tell they are live because of the animation in them. It's easy but a bit more advanced than windows 7. You will see it's nothing to it. If I was close by I would be more than happy to walk you through it. You will be surfing through windows 10 in no time. Hug Pogo for me and you both have a great day.

LV said...

I am still using Windows 7 on a desktop. I would never be able to use a lap top and use Windows 10. I am not changing until I have to. No doubt in time we many not a choice.