Friday, March 24, 2017

Sleepless In New England

March 24, 2017

Good morning.  Tis only 3:15 a.m., but I cannot sleep tonight.  So, I figure I may as well get up and do a few things.  First, I went to the kitchen and made a big bowl of Jello.  Hopefully, it will come out alright because the bowl I used just wasn't big enough to hold all the water.  Ah well, it's always good to learn new things.

Last evening, DIL Janet came by with a big pot of home cooked spaghetti for our supper. and my tax stuff that she had taken to add up for me.  I have to tell you that the spaghetti was delicious!!!  And I am so grateful to see that my tax stuff is close t being done.  Such a load off my mind. 

I guess I'm at that point where boredom is setting in on me.  I want to get up and do things but my concentration isn't very good right about now.  Plus I can't really go far with this tall oxygen tank.  Actually, I'll be using it as little as possible.  I don't need it in the house, and there's no where I want to take it outside. 

Next week, the company that supplies the oxygen is going to send out a therapist of their own to see what type of smaller portable units I'm capable of handling.  After that, they'll decide whether or not I can get a smaller unit.  I've already told them what I want, but they told me "Too bad Harry!"  You'll get (or not get) whatever we decide is right for you.  Hmmm, this is not sitting so good with me.  I may have to keep a lid on my wicked temper here. 

This company is telling me that the unit that I want costs between $4000 and $6000, and I know that is not so.  I've done my homework, and the unit that I want costs around $2800.  I'll have to have a chat with the doctor next Monday when I get to see him. 

Enough of the crabby side of me!  I have more photos to share from all the events of the last few weeks.  For St. Patrick's Day, Deanne and Eddie celebrated a bit with friends and enjoyed some green beer. 


Granddaughter Randi took her little ones on vacation to New Hampshire.  This is Jack, Lilah and Alima making a new "bear" friend.


Back at our house, dwarf Helen took photos of our house cats, Blackie and Luna.  (used to be Sunshine)  Here, Luna is enjoying a cat nip bag.



Today, I'm hoping to do a load of laundry.  I'm going through a lot of jammies.  A couple days ago, I banged my forehead on the corner wall by my bathtub (quite by accident) and I have a wicked nasty headache.  When I finish this post, I'm going to dig out my bottle of Excedrin Migraine and try to get rid of the headache. 

I do have a little project that I want to work on today, but I'll wait until I actually get it done before I show it here.  Now I think it's time for me to try to catch a few more winks.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay well and have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

You will just have to take it easy and you will feel better in some time. Don't try to rush it.
What a struggle about the oxygen! I do hope perhaps your doctor can add some good arguments in there and they it will help to get you a small tank that you can carry around.
I am glad you are looked after well. And yes, when you are not 100% it is nice when someone else is doing the cooking LOL!

I hope to post tomorrow a few lines, I am still very lazy on that.
But energy is coming back slowly, and weather is helping to that too, because we are getting some real spring weather.
Now take care, dear friend and don;t rush into anything. Take lots of rest, even when it is sometimes boring.
Hugs
Kyra