Friday, July 10, 2015

Shots From A Great Little Camera

July 10, 2015

Good morning  It is cloudy, with temps in the low to mid 60's, and it feels soooo good!  However, in a couple of hours it will be in the 80's and most likely sticky.  According to the Weather Channel, temps in the 80's will be with us for a while. 

At some point during the night, it rained for a while.  At least that's what I think it was doing outside.  It was very noisy on the metal window awning, sounding more like hail.  I took a quick look out my door this morning to see if my car was covered with dents, but it looks okay so I guess maybe it really was just rain.

Today I have some photos to share that SIL Eddie took this past Saturday night while watching fireworks.  He was using my little Canon SX50 HS, and I have to say that this little camera takes some amazing photos. 

The photos were taken hand-held.   These two are of the moon that night.  The first shot is right from camera, and no I did not crop the photo.  This is the shot he got with the lens zoomed out.  In the second  shot, I cleaned up the color a bit. 



Here's another photo that he took in his yard the next morning.  Eddie, you need to take more photos.  You're doing great!!


Well, I had high hopes of getting out to do a bit of furniture shopping this week, but I haven't made it so far.  Dwarf Helen says that she will go with me on Sunday.   Sounds okay with me.

I'm back --- the Blog2Print folks called me so I had to save my post as a draft and take the phone call.  It took a while because of slow internet, but with a bit of help my next blog print is off to being printed.  I feel better now.  This will be book #15, and covers the first four months of this year. 

Oh my, the sun has just come out, so I guess that means that the temperature will be going up soon.   My only plans for today are to do some grocery shopping this afternoon with Joe.  While we are at Walmart, Joe will be buying his fishing license.  Just in time too, because he is supposed to be going fishing this weekend with a friend.

I have another image of a "strange" plant to share with you.  This one is called "Flying Duck Orchid"  (Caleana Major).  You can check it out on Google.   I think this would make a great addition to any garden!


I counted the rows needed to finish these last two holiday afghans, and if I crochet at least two rows on either of them every day, I'll be done before the end of August.  I can live with that.  I think I'd like to work with yellow for my next project.  It's a happy color.

Well, that's about it for today.  I need to get busy and write my shopping list.  Then it will be time to whip up something tasty for our lunch.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Gosh Edna,
It is Friday isn't it? I have lost so much time. Oh Love Love Love the flying duck flower... I will have to look up the parrot plant for you. Just gorgeous. I call it the parrot plant but that is not the name of it.

Wow that little camera caught the craters in the moon.. I was in awe of that! I don't use my little sanyo much anymore. I need to dig it out and use it.

Jonathan is home. Time for dinner and a movie.. Actually a documentary tonight. I cant remember the name of it either. It is about aliens so that is all that I know. It is called Serious or something like that.
Gotta run... Hugs, Beth

The Queen Jester said...

He's getting some great photos with that camera ....I'm very impressed.

That little orchid is adorable, it really does look like a duck.

It is hot hot hot and humid here - everything I touch is sticking to me. Even Pete said he might want to put the AC on by tomorrow. Will wonders never cease!

smiekeltje said...

Eddie has to do more photos Hey, may be he would be a great companion for you at times, to go photoshooting LOL!
Jan and I are both on our laptops now, and why not, it is a Saturday afternoon, and in about 1 hour Jan has to go to his volunteer work again.
Nice if Helen comes with you on Sunday for the furniture shopping!
Now I really am going to do a post on my blog, it didn;t come to it yesterday.
You have a lovely day now.
Hugs
Kyra