Sunday, September 14, 2014

Learning My Way Around My Tablet

September 14, 2014

Good morning.  It's a wee bit on the chilly side this morning.  Even last night was on the cool side.  It seems that Autumn is in a rush to get started here.  I, for one, don't mind if it takes it's time getting here.  The warmer temps are more to my liking.

Friday night I sat down with my tablet to try to learn something new about it, and decided to give Net Flix a try.  Well my goodness!  What fun I had.  After scrolling through all that was available, I settled in to watch "The Nut Job".  Gosh, what a fun movie! 

Yesterday, I watched the Joan Rivers movie "A Piece Of Work".  Now here was one very talented and hard working woman.  She led quite a fascinating life, and will be missed by so many.

Last night, I put a few more rows on the cornmeal afghan.  Now there are only another fifteen rows to go.  Woo Hoo!  After that, I must get  the lavender afghan finished.  In between all the crocheting, I've done a little shopping and put things away in my "gift drawer".  So now I'm about 75% done with my holiday gifts. 

**** I just took an unplanned break to look out the kitchen window at a neighbor who is burning small brush in his backyard, causing smoke and ash to fly over into my yard.  Once I saw what he was doing, I called the Fire Department to see if a permit had been issued to the neighbor.  I was told that permits are necessary before burning, but that no permits are given out between the end of April and January 1st. 

A fire truck arrived next door with a couple of firemen who checked out the situation and had the fire put out.  Then they explained to the home owner (I guess that's who was out there) about the laws regarding burning.  There is quite a bit involved before you are allowed to burn to make sure you burn things safely.  However, they only allow burning in the winter.

It's probably nice to squeal on your neighbors, but this is not the first time these neighbors have had fires burning in their yard.  My house is surround by trees, so I am not a happy camper when I smell smoke and see ashes flying around in my yard.

Well, I'm running out of morning here, so I'll post a couple photos of one of the tiny butterflies that have been enjoying our butterfly bushes.



Now I must get busy and wash some dishes before my little guy starts looking for his lunch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I always wondered how Net Flix worked on the tablet. That would be nice except I'm never sure of what kind of internet connection I'll get.

Debby said...

We had a resident just outside of our neighborhood that had a huge bon fire. We didn't know where it was so the y neighbor and I called the fire department. It was just a bon fire but way out of its'bounds. The fire department helped them get it under control. So squealing was probably a good thing in both cases.
Sorry, I said that about Joan Rivers. I have a weird since of humor. I don't get sitcoms at all. Weird, I know.
Cute little butterfly. Your pictures are always so good.

smiekeltje said...

Always best to be careful with fire started at the neighbours grounds.
It easily can grow too big to handle. Good the fire departement came by.
Great to hear you are enjoying your new tablet so much.
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra