Tuesday, April 29, 2014

These Storms Are Downright Horrid

April 29, 2014

Good morning.  Tis cloudy today with a possible chance of some rain.  I've been watching the Weather Channel as they cover the storm damages in the middle section of our country.  So far, there are already 28 deaths, with more expected.  It is simply devastating to see what is happening to these folks. 

I know I've said it before, but in my whole life, I have never known there to be so many of these severe storms that are leaving so much devastation in their wake.  Trust me, I did not live my life in a cubby hole unaware of my surroundings.  These storms happened only once in a while.  Now it seems they are a daily event from mid-Spring until Winter when it is too cold to happen.

How does one recover after such a traumatic event such as these tornadoes?  Especially when you have already been through it once before?  I don't know if I could keep rebuilding.

On a lighter note, a friend sent me a photo that I thought I would share.  I don't know who took the photo, but it is awesome.  This poor kitty was abused and rescued, and later adopted by the young man in the photo who is holding it.  (At least that's the information given to me)


Have you ever seen such a big kitty cat?  This one is three feet long and weighs at least twenty pounds.  It looks to me like it probably weights more.   Wow!

I also have another really adorable photo that I found on the web.  It's a female squirrel who rescued a baby she found in an abandoned nest.  Our furry friends never cease to amaze me.


Yesterday dwarf Helen and I went shopping.  First we went to an Ann & Hope store to look at kitchen curtains.  Wowee!!  I fell in love with this store.  Every aisle had all sorts of goodies, and I was so tempted to buy more, but I was good and only bought some new curtains for our kitchen.  I will definitely be shopping here again soon.

Next we went to the Christmas Tree Shoppe.  This is one store where I could spend hours.  I bought a shepherd hook (for hanging a plant or bird feeder) and some small garden fencing.  Also, I got some more suet treats and a thistle sock for the birds, and a couple more sets of bulbs for the garden.  These flowers will do good in the shade.


I finished my day off last night by crocheting while I watched a bit of television with Pogo snuggled on my lap.  There's about six more rows to go and the green afghan will be finished.  Woo Hoo!  Well, that's my news for today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I don't know where you find time to do all that you do!
That is a precious photo of the squirrel with the little baby.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You are right, Edna, there were storms when we grew up, but the serous ones were few and far between and even they were not as distructive. Now the level 5 storms seem to be commonplace and, at least for the moment, they seem to be mostly in the middle west and south. That could change and we may all face these storms someday. At my age, I can't even imagine being able to recoup from that kind of disaster (though my humorous side says, maybe that is a way to get rid of all my "stuff:).

We watched the weather last night and the 7 day forcast had it raining here every day. I am thinking flooding ... our lake is already high and if it rains that much here and in Wisconsin (their over flowing rivers flow down here and add to our issues)we are going to have a rough sping. We, fortunately, live on a bluff so flooding from the lake is not likely, but others around us will have to deal with it ... very sad.

You are the Queen of shopping ... and I like that you can shop and enjoy without bringing home the whole store. I haven't even been able to clear my garden areas yet, so I haven't been able to asses what I lost over the cold winter (which is still here, by the way). Once I know what I need to replace I will be going to the garden center here too. I love getting new brightly colored flowers out ... such a lift.
I can guarentee you that cat weighs more than 20 pounds, though he doesn't look fat at all, just big. And your sweet little squirrel ... isn't nature wonderful.
Well, Miss Edna ... I am off to do more moving, cleaning and then later grocery shopping. You and Pogo have a wonderful day. Izzi sent Pogo a BD card so stop over when you get a chance. Be well ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

smiekeltje said...

Those storms must be horrible to be in or around!
All the devastation as result, and worset they take lives. I even cannot imagine how it must feel to be in those kind of storms!

That cat is AWESOME! And how wonderful that it is adopted.
And so cute that aquirrel with the tiny little baby!

Oh whee, you found more bulbs for your garden, they look lovely.
And of course we wait for an photo of the new kitchen curtains?
You had a busy, but so productive and nice day shopping(with great results).
Have a lovely day, take a bit of rest after all your shopping adventures LOL.
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

I love that squirrel caring for the orphan baby! I heard they never go into other dens like prairie dogs but this one could not leave that baby to die. Such a kind heart. Please be safe in the storms. We have had the worst weather ever this year everywhere. My heart breaks for the loss of life in Washington state and the mudslides. I hope your garden grows beautifully for youthis year. Enjoy

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow, I didn't realize how long it has been since I visited..read all the blogs I missed, just didn't take time to comment on each one...love the photos and the green afghan is so very lovely and the frilly granny square would make a lovely afghan and so sorry I missed Pogos birthday, looks like he had a very happy one, you are so lucky to have found such a loving pet. Well, off to play in the rain puddles and finish up my laundry...Hugs, Mat