Friday, April 26, 2019

The New Laptop Just Plucked My Last Nerve!

April 26, 2019

Good morning.  I'm surprised I'm actually here.  This morning I tried to open my Blogger account on my new laptop and I couldn't get in.  It would not let me put in the correct email address and kept telling me to open a new Blogger account.  I spent an hour trying to figure this out.  I even went in to settings and tried changing a few of them.  This did not work, and I hoped it did not screw up my chances of having access to my blog on my old laptop.  (which is what I'm using now)

Yesterday, this old laptop started doing crazy things and I had to shut it off.  Today I'm trying to restrain myself from killing my new laptop.  I just don't like it!  Even the keyboard on the new laptop is not friendly to me.  It has all sorts of numbers and stuff on the right side, so my keyboard letters are all moved over more to the left.  My hands don't like this. 

Am I cranky?  You betcha I am!

I'm at the point where I'd like to pack the new laptop back up in the box it came in and send it back.  It is definitely not being user friendly to me.  I know I should have more patience with it, but that's hard to do because I just don't like the machine.  Actually, it's not the machine that I don't like, it's the Windows 10 system. 

My old laptop continues to do strange things, like saving things in places that i don't know about.  I finally had to save photos on my desktop so that I could share them here.  Sometimes when I bring up a folder, everything is in it.  I can close the folder, then open it again and some things aren't there anymore.  I'm thinking that maybe I need to open a Sam Adams or two.  It won't solve my problems but it will give me a nice nap.

I mentioned yesterday that I bought two new yarns.  Here are the photos that I took.  The first one is called "Teal" and the second one is called "Burgundy."  I have both of these colors in another brand, and they are totally different looking. 



Yesterday was a gorgeous day.  Warm and sunny with a bit of a breeze.  Today we are back to gray and rainy.  It's supposed to rain through Sunday, with the sun coming out on Monday.  Then it's back to rain again.  I had shut the heat off in the house, but I had to put it back on last evening because it was getting quite cool again. 

We were hoping to open up the porch this weekend, but I guess that's not to be.  My poor flowers are trying to bloom, but as soon as they open the rain knocks them down.    Here's a photo of my first two tulips to bloom.


I will have to call the library and make an appointment for one on one help with the new laptop and its demon system Windows 10.  Maybe that person can help me get access to my blog.  If not, my last ditch effort will probably be to fly to Virginia to see if daughter Audrey can do it.  After that, it needs to go.

On a happier note, DIL Janet brought me a big Easter basket last evening.  In it was the cutest bunny!  He sings and dances.  I'll try to take a video of it to share here.  Along with a bunch of Reese's candy eggs and a big Reese's chocolate bunny, there was a huge pan of homemade cookies.  I always share the cookies.  Everyone loves them.

Now I think I'm going to refresh my cup of coffee and enjoy one or two of those yummy cookies.   So till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

LV said...

So many people do not like W10. Those that have it, have so many issues. In time, I will be forced to change or give up computers. However, there are some really smart people that thinks it is great. My library does not teach thew use of computers anymore. The best of luck.

Theresa said...

I am sorry that you are having a hard time with the laptop. I am still dragging my feet on getting a new one. I love those colors of yarn. So pretty and the beautiful bloom too. Enjoy your day my friend. Hugs

Kathy said...

I had to get used to Windows 10 at work. I had no choice. But once I learned it, I liked it. Hope you can get it figured out. I love the yarn colors. And tulips are my favorite flower. Well one of them anyway. Yours are so pretty.

gypsyrose said...

Sorry your having so many problems with your new laptop, Chris has windoows ten but downloaded "classic shell" which allows it to look like 7 he gets on ok with that just a thought . I will do the same when I have to change cant be doing with all those apps. the new wool is really pretty love seeing what you make hope you have a good weekend x

smiekeltje said...

If you don;t have problems with your kair, don;t cut it. Just keep it in good shape by cutting the end once in a while. You have beautiful hair.
Oh that wicked laptop! I so hope you can find someone in the library that can help you out. I think you will be able to handle the windows 10 with some help.
Soon I will have to learn it too. windows 7 isn't supported anymore and we do need to get along with the new stuff, but oh sigh..............
Sending you lots of good luck wishes, hopefully they will help a bit.
It is time that you will have some nice weather so you can go out on the porch and have some relax time there.
On to my blog now, so big hug to you,
Kyra