Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Keeping Busy

April 23, 2019

Good morning.  Tis a wee bit early, only 2:24 a.m.  I fell asleep early watching a program on TV.  Once I woke up, I wasn't tired enough to go back to sleep.  So instead, I've been playing on my (old) laptop.  I made a new quick page and cropped some photos to share. 

It rained most all day yesterday.  At times it was pretty heavy.  Although some towns got heavier rain than we did.  I kept pretty busy all day doing God only knows what.  Yup, I have days where I'm really busy doing things that I can't recall.  I guess they just weren't all that important. 

For all you folks with pets, I think I've found a new item that could be really good.  I saw it on TV yesterday and took a photo of the TV screen.  You comb your pet's fur/hair with this thing, and it kills all fleas on contact immediately.  If you call to order it, they will double the offer for an extra fee.  If it works the way they say it does, this could be really great.



Remember the berry pie that I made for myself?  Well, it's all gone now.  Last night I took a photo of it before cutting it into three slices.  One for me and one each for dwarfs Joe and Mike.  I used mixed berry Jello and raspberry yogurt for this pie and my oh my it was delicious! 



It's supposed to rain all day today with temps in the mid to upper fifties.  But, then we should have a couple days of sunshine and temps in the sixties.  I'm thinking that Pogo and I will just have to get out while the sun is shining and do a couple errands and maybe shop a bit. 

I put a couple more rows on my yellow afghan.  I think I'm up to twenty six rows now, only a hundred more to go.  I've been procrastinating using the new laptop but I think today I'll have to give it a try.  I'd like to be able to upload some quick pages so that I can post them.  

While we were in Florida this year, I had planned to get my hair cut again.  However, we never made it to a hair salon.  I took this selfie photo while we were there and decided that maybe I'll wait a bit longer before having my hair cut again.  I don't take very good photos by holding the phone away from me, so I use a mirror.


My eyes are starting to get tired again now.  I think I'll take my leave and try to catch a few more winks.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I am contemplating getting a haircut too, yours looks nice like that! That pie looks SO good! Enjoy your day when you get it going, HUGS!

Angelicastar said...

Enjoy the glory of having a beautiful head of hair. I did once up on a time and now I am wearing a wig and a chemo hat when I am not going out of the house. I just stop worrying about it and came to a conclusion that it is only hair and if my life is being saved, give it up and stop worrying. Having chemo every six months is not going to let it grow. I have bald patches throughout my hair. I won't cut it bald because I do have a little to hold on to. Your hair is beautiful.

That pie look delicious. I bought a chocolate cream pie last Wednesday. It was okay but not like a home made pie. I make excellent peach cobbler because it's not very much work that goes into it. (lol) Have a great day and make sure you are getting enough rest.

LV said...

Wish I could have shared a slice of that pie with you. Looked simple to make. I used to cook a lot but when it is just one, not the same.

Dee Jaynes said...

Mom- that's a great picture of you - love you.

Mary Ann said...

Great Photo...where did you get those beautiful curls...and so thick. I wouldn't cut it just a small trim. Your beautiful both inside and out friend!