Wednesday, April 24, 2019

It Feels Good Being Me Today

April 24, 2019

Good morning. Well,  Tis looking a bit gray outside but the forecast says it will be sunny and warm soon  It's still a bit early, only 7:13 a.m.  I want to acknowledge some really nice comments that some of you left on yesterday's post.  Thank you so much.  You've really put a big smile on my heart. 

I'm in the process of making up my shopping list.  I would just phone in an order to WalMart to be picked up this afternoon, but for some reason the food pickers don't bother to look at expiration dates on things.  The last pickup order I got had a half gallon of milk in it that expired in two days.  Sorry, this is not my way of shopping. 

It's kind of sad because this could have been a good thing for me.  There are lots of days that I am just not up to driving to the market.  But if I'm going to be paying for the food, I want fresh food.  I don't want bruised tomatoes, spotted and bruised bananas, etc.  I'm picky.  So until the store hires better food pickers, I'll just go shop myself. 

Actually, I'm quite thankful that I'm able to go shop by myself.  Except for this COPD and Asthma, I'm fairly healthy.  I'm thankful that my hands work so that I can enjoy doing crafts and crocheting.  I'm blessed with a wonderful caring family and a lot of really nice blogger friends.  And let's not forget awesome little Pogo who stole my heart the minute I laid eyes on him. 

My goodness, what got me going this morning?   I swear, there's nothing in my coffee!  Hmmm, it must have been that bowl of spaghetti and meat sauce that I had this morning for breakfast.  Yup, spaghetti!  It's one of the perks of being old, I guess.  We are allowed to eat our meals out of order. 

I want to share this cute little cartoon that I borrowed from the web.  Easter has gone by, but this is too cute not to share.


I also have a couple of pictures (borrowed from the web) to share that will put a smile on your heart.  Animals are just so beautiful. 



I'm hoping that we'll be having some really nice Spring weather once all these rainy days are behind us.  I'd really like to have the screen covers taken off the porch so that Pogo and I can spend some time out there.  Plants that I have ordered are all coming in the mail now and it would nice if they could be planted outdoors now. 

Enough of my babble, I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before it's time to go shopping.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Angelicastar said...

So glad things are going well for you today. For me it's just another tiresome day doing nothing. It is suppose to be raining today so I will have to wait until Friday to take my babies to the vet for their rabies shots. I doesn't like driving here on a sunny day and when it raining these folks get faster and dangerously close to you on the wet streets. They have been doing construction for the last 40 years on these streets. If you don't travel around this place in a while and decide to go cross town, everything has changed and you are lost. (lol)

Breaksfast for me is anything available also. I did buy some biscuits and sausage on Monday. I stopped by the grocery store when I was on my way home from my doctor appointment. All I need to do is put them in the microwave. I will eat greens for breaksfast if I have left overs. (lol) Have a wonderful day and you deserve all our compliments from yesterday. You are very uplifting. Hug Pogo for me.

Theresa said...

Yep, I do my own shopping for that very reason. I check the dates, buy green and ripe bananas and squeeze my bread:). My daughter uses the grocery pick-up and doesn’t have any problems. I will just keep strolling thru the store as long as I am able. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Annsterw said...

I check dates on EVERYTHING I buy! I agree with you; if I buy it I want it to last as long as possible. I love being an adult!! I sometimes choose to have ice cream for dinner also!!! Yay for adulthood!! HA! Have a fantastic week!