Friday, April 12, 2019

Is It A Bird?

April 12, 2019

Good morning.  It's a little after 1:30 a.m. and I'm having my breakfast.  Pogo has already had his and is now sound asleep next to me here on the sofa.  Maybe I can join him in dreamland in a little while. 

Late yesterday afternoon, Deanne, Eddie and I went to the college to see Jazzy being inducted into Phi Theta Kappa.  It was quite a nice ceremony, and at the end of it, Jazzy and two other girls sang a song.  As soon as I can figure out how to get the song over here to my blog, I will post it.

As soon as I got home, I had supper (Pogo only ate a little of his) and then I sat down to crochet on the shawl for a while.  I put on one row and put it away.  My eyes were falling shut. I was sound asleep before nine o'clock.  Pogo did try to wake me up around midnight for the rest of his supper, but it didn't work.  I just fell right back to sleep.  Till 1 a.m.

Yesterday was not the day to open my new laptop.  So I guess I'll do it today.  After I get some more sleep of course.  For the life of me, I don't know why I procrastinate.   I think I've always been a bit afraid of new things.  (until I get to know them better) 

When I got my first computer back in 1997, I was so proud of it.  When ever anyone came by the house, I would show them my new computer.  I would proudly turn it on.  "See, isn't this super?"  Then I would shut it off.  That's all I knew how to do.  Finally hubby said that I should learn how to use my new compuiter to justify spending all that money.  So I learned it.

I put a couple programs that I wanted to learn into my new computer, and I was off and running.  The rest is history.  So, I guess the first thing I need to do, after getting the laptop up and running, is to download Photoshop.  Then I want to get my puzzles into the laptop.  After that, I should be good to go. 

I have a couple photos from our vacation to share.  This is my friend Beth and Pogo.  She had taken him out for a little stroll.


While they were out, Beth stopped to get a photo of what looked like a little bird perched on the bush outside our unit.  Upon closer inspection, she got quite a surprise.


What looked like a little bird turned out to be a leaf.  But can you see why it looked like a bird?  I've colored the leaf to make it easier to see it.


I'm not sure what I'm up to today, other than to try to set up my laptop.  It may be that is all I will have time for.  hahaha.  Before I go, let me share another picture with you.  I borrowed this one from the web. 


This is what I call a huge act of kindness.  By the way, that's the year when I was born.  I don't remember wearing dresses made from these flower sacks.  I do remember having lots of pretty little dresses and pinafores.  My mother made most of them. 

Now I think I'll wash my breakfast dishes and try to catch a few more winks.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Woah that’s early. I was still snoozing. Sweet story about the feed sacks. Enjoy the rest of the evening dear friend. Hugs.

smiekeltje said...

I do hope that in general you get enough sleep! Sounds you don;t take long hours. With me at times it is the same. But we survive LOL.
Great that you have your new laptop, but now get it working hahaha. I think I would feel the same with all that new in Windows 10.
Are you sure you will get it up and running, or is there the possibility that someone at the library can help you with it?
I cross fingers for you that it will all go smooth and that you soon will be able to use your favourite programs on the new laptop.
And hopefully soon the temperatures will go up more in your area so that you can use the porch again. That would be so lovely.
Sending you a little angel to sit on your shoulder as bringer of extra luck while you are starting the windows 10 stuff!!!
Now on to my blog for a post, it is about time.
Have a wonderful week and stay safe and healthy!
Hugs
Kyra