Sunday, April 7, 2019

Is It Back To School Time?

April 7, 2019

Good morning.  Today is looking lovely outside my door.  The sun is shining and temps are in the fifties and headed for sixty.  I can definitely dig it!  If this keeps up (I know, I'm dreaming!) I'll be able to open up the porch soon.  Yes, yes, yes!

Now for that new laptop.  Would you believe I haven't touched it?  It's almost like I'm afraid of it.  I know that's silly, but it's a whole new thing.  It's nothing like my old laptop, except for its shape.  Audrey says if I give her a day's notice, she'll walk me through the set up over the phone.  Her laptop is fairly new too. 

I have, however, checked for Windows 10 classes at our high school and the local college.  There is a new class on Windows 10 Basics starting April 17 at the college.  Tomorrow morning, I'm going to call the college to get all the particulars, and hopefully I can join in this class.  Woo Hoo! 

My "Visually Learn Windows 10" book came Friday, and I've looked all through it.  I will most definitely need that class.  Everything about Windows 10 is so different from my old laptop's Windows 7. 

I've done a bit of research on Photoshop in the Clouds, and I think I'll be trying to install that.  I only need the Photoshop part of its programs, so that is $9.99 a month.  First I have a couple of questions, so I'll give my SIL Mac a call to get my answers.  He has this installed on his laptop.

Do I sound a bit paranoid about change?  You know, I got my first computer twenty two years ago.  It was quite a challenge for me to learn how to use it.  But I installed a couple of creative programs that I  thought I would enjoy and from then on I've had a lot of fun with my PC. 

I was fifty seven years old back then, and very brave about learning new things.  Now I'm almost eighty, and I'm not quite so brave anymore.  But I am looking forward to joining that class at the college.  I think I should also check at the Senior Center to see if they have classes, just in case. 

Today I have some photos of one of the palm trees at our Florida resort.  I never really took notice of the berries that grow in them.  This year a lot of the berries had fallen to the ground, so I couldn't help but notice them. 





I was having a lot fun taking these photos, but as you can see, one little fellow wasn't exactly thrilled about my being there.  Maybe he thought I was going to take all his berries?

Now I think I should go check my laundry.  It sounds like the washer has stopped, so I need to put it the blankets in the dryer.  I think I just might make another pie this afternoon.  I want to call my friend Beth too.  It's been raining and flooding a lot in Austin.  The water has been coming into her house, and it has ruined a lot of things.  Hopefully, the rain has stopped there.  I'm praying for you Beth.

Well that's my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I didn't want to use Windows 10 either but now that I'm used to it, it is easy. It just takes a little bit of time. Love those pictures of the tree. And your little friend.