Tuesday, April 16, 2019

I'm Enjoying Some Old TV Programs Today

April 16, 2019

Good morning.  Tis a bit cloudy and the temperature is 41F degrees.  Today's temps should get up into the upper fifties with lots of sunshine.  According to the forecast, tomorrow should be sunny then we'll have several days of rain.  I guess I'd best get out either today or tomorrow to do my errands.

This morning I've been watching old reruns of the "I Love Lucy" show.  Comedy sure was different in my day.  Lucy always managed to get into some really ridiculous situations.  I think one of my favorites was the time she and Ethel were working at a candy factory.  Yup, comedy was really funny way back then.

Yesterday was a bit low key.  I decided not to play with the new machine.  Instead, I went online to check out classes at the college.  That didn't work out very well.  I did not find anything that I was looking for.  So, instead, I went looking on Amazon for Visual Learning Photoshop CC books.  I found a couple of books and ordered them.  One should be here today and the other tomorrow.

I'll have to watch for the mail.  The regular carrier is on vacation this week and I don't know the substitute's schedule.  I'm anxious to see these new books.  Meanwhile, I've been cutting fringes and putting them on the shawl.  Problem is, I don't think I like it very much with all this fringe.  I think I'll have to give it some more thought before putting any more on it.

Last night I made a key lime pie, using that recipe that I posted on an earlier post.  I looked at it while I was making my coffee this morning.  Yup, I wanted a piece of that pie for my breakfast.  But I was good and did not touch it.  However, I can't promise to be that good come lunch time.  Easter is coming right up, so maybe I'll make a berry pie and take it over to Deanne's house. 

Last night I watched the Food Channel on TV.  They were playing reruns of the kids baking championship.  I am so amazed at how smart these kids are.  Afterwards, I watched a program about some of the outstanding cakes that "Duff" has made.  Some of his cakes are just awesome.  No one in my family was much of a "sweets" eater, so I never really got to bake very much.

Next weekend the new Worst Cooks in America will be starting and it will be featuring celebrities.  I can't wait to watch it.  The last season was just so funny.  Some of the contestants can't even boil water, but they learn how to cook some delicious meals. 

Today I have a couple more coloring pages from Dover.  I hope you can enjoy some relaxing time coloring them. 



I think I'm going to make my self a bowl of cereal and a fresh cup of coffee.  Then I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before getting started on this beautiful new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your days are busy :)
The Key Lime pie sounds amazing, I shall give it a try !
Hope the new computer is working well for you, I'm not one for change :(
Enjoy your week, and hope to pop back soon.
Hugs,
~Jo

Theresa said...

I also still watch "I love Lucy", yes the candy factory is one of my FAVES too! I also like the "Vitamitavegeman" one:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

We watch Perry Mason! OH goodness, he was so handsome and such a defender of righting wrongs. We have watched many cooking shows. Not a fan of the Gordon Ramsey show although I must say he is right just needs to tone down that awful language.
Good to see you here. HUGS xo