Wednesday, April 10, 2019

I Think I'm Going To Lick That Windows 10!

April 10, 2019

Good morning.  Tis 37F degrees right now and the sun isn't up yet.  According to my phone, today's temps will get up to around fifty with lots of sunshine.  This is good because Pogo and I have to go out to do an errand.  I have to go by the tax accountant's office to sign my taxes, and of course pay the accountant's bill. 

Well, yesterday morning I went to the Public Library (it's right up the street from my house) to see about the classes on Windows 10.  First, I got me a new library card.  Then the clerk wrote out the directions to the free classes on their website. 

Next, a really nice young lady took me over to a computer station and started in teaching me about Windows 10.  She was very nice, and very patient.  I did take some notes so that I could practice at home.  There is someone there on Tuesday mornings and Saturday mornings to help folks with any of their devices.  Then they have one on one classes on Tuesday afternoon.  You have to make an appointment for these.

So, sometime today or tomorrow, I will attempt to set up my new laptop.  As I go along, I will write down any questions that I may have and then take them with me on Saturday morning when I go back to the library.

So, between the tips I've received from some of you, my Visual Learning book, some help from my daughter Audrey, and the nice folks at the library, I will learn this new Windows.  So I guess my advice to anyone having trouble learning this new system would be to check with your local library to see if they offer any classes to help you with this. 

And buy the Visual Learning book.  This book is a treasure of "how to" learning.  I am a "show me" learner, and I always buy these books for any new device that I buy.  Whatever is being explained has a matching picture to go with it so that you know exactly what they are trying to tell you. 

I have a photo to share of the little dog solar thingy that Beth sent to me.  I'm not sure if he's a pug dog or a bull dog.  Either way, he's wicked cute.


While I was cleaning out some paperwork, I came across these "dollars" from the Conrad & Chandler and the Gilchrist stores of long ago.  These stores were in downtown Quincy, Massachusetts, and these "dollars" were the beginnings of store credit.  


Next I have a photo of the new baby blanket that Audrey is making for a friend.  I love the colors!  This pattern looks it would be fun to work with.  Yup, I think I'll try it.

 
And lastly, I have a sign that I borrowed from a friend's blog to share with you.  Folks, this his is true.  I tried it too, and those dust bunnies just don't go away.  As soon as you are done dusting and you put the dust rag away, those bunnies are right back claiming their space again.  So you pick your battles!  As long as they don't get in your way, leave them be.  When they start taking over your space, kick a few of them out.  It works!

 
Yesterday, I had my supper early.  Let me tell you, that corned beef and cabbage dinner was super scrumptious!  I going to have some more of for lunch today.  The leftovers taste so good fried up with a bit of butter.  Yum!  Yum! 

Now I have some dishes waiting in the sink that are needing to be washed.  Then it will be time for some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Annsterw said...

I am so glad you are feeling more confident on learning Windows 10! That is wonderful that the library sponsors classes! That last sign is perfect - I hate to dust for the EXACT reason!!! Have a great day Miss Edna! Annster's Domain

Theresa said...

Good for you learning about Windows 10. Sounds like you are FOR SURE gonna lick it! Have a blessed day dear friend, your corned beef dinner is making me hungry:) HUGS!