Thursday, April 4, 2019

Gonna Play With My Junk Mail Today

April 4, 2019

Good morning.  My goodness, it's been wicked windy these past couple of days and nights.  The wind isn't howling quite so noisy right now and the sun is shining.  Temps are still a bit cool, only 39F degrees.  The forecast calls for temps in the mid to upper forties later today. 

DIL Janet came by yesterday after work, and yes she had a bag full of goodies for our dessert.    There was lemon cake, chocolate cake, carrot cake and cupcakes.  We each had a slice of cake, and the rest of the goodies will be shared. 

I am feeling both excitement and trepidation about this new laptop that will be delivered tomorrow.  It will be fun to start over with a nice new laptop, but there is so much I will have to learn about using it.  Plus, I have to figure out what programs to put in it and how I'll do it.  Photoshop is the one I'm most concerned about.  I use this program for so many things so I'll definitely have to install it.  One way or another. 

I've been sitting here trying to think of what I may have accomplished yesterday.  Aside from doing a few dishes and taking the trash out, I can't think of anything.  Folks, this is sad.  I kept busy most of the day, yet my mind keeps coming up blank.

Well, today I have a whole stack of junk mail to go through.  Then maybe later I'll make a pie.  While I was at the store yesterday, I picked up enough stuff to make two pies.  Speaking of pies, now I remember what I did yesterday.  I went to the bank and I shopped! 

Today I have photos of some of the beautiful shrubbery at the resort in Florida. 





There's been a lot on the news about the famous people that are being taken to court for buying their children's way into expensive colleges.  I do believe they were wrong for doing this, but I think the administrators at the colleges should be on trial too.  They were the ones who allowed this sort of thing to happen. 

In fact, I think that costs at all our colleges should be lowered substantially so that all kids can have the chance to attend the college of their choice.  I can't think of anything that is being taught at these colleges that is worth the cost of attending.  I also think that the cost of the textbooks is horrendous.  The expense of the education system seems to make a few folks very wealthy, while it puts other folks in debt for many many years.

That's all I'll say.  I don't really want to go off on a rant.  In fact, I'm going to make a fresh cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Annsterw said...

I agree that administrators should be held accountable also! The whole system is corrupt - you are correct! I wish I lived closer...I would run over for a slice of homemade PIE!!! YUM! Annster's Domain

LV said...

Good luck with your new computers. I still use Windows 7 and doubt I could learn Windows 8. One day may not have a choice as my computer has its issues. Learn it all so you can help me if I should ever need it.

stamps3223 said...

I just switched all my programs over to a new computer including photo shop. First find your license number for the program so you have it handy. Then on your old computer you have to deactivate it. Open your program click on help and in the drop down box you will see deactivate listed. Click on that and it will tell you it's been deactivated. Then install the photo shop on your new computer and enter your license number when it requests it. you should have no problem with the installation then. Good luck with you new lap top, and enjoy windows 10.

Theresa said...

I can’t wait to hear about the new laptop. You know it is on my NEED list too:). Have a beautiful day dear friend. Hugs