Monday, September 25, 2017

The Best Laid Plans Of Mice And Men

September 25, 2017

Good morning.  Ahh, tis another gorgeous day here in New England.  I absolutely love it!  The big tree out front likes it too because the leaves on the bottom branches wave ever so slightly to every car or truck that goes by.  Retirement feels really good today.

Well, yesterday I loaded up all my dollies and their dresses, and all the trimmings, and headed for the porch.  Once I got settled, I laid out all the trimmings and got started on the first dress.  Ribbons, jewels, flowers, etc.  This was going to be fun.

Of the three special glues that I bought, none of them worked.  When I squeezed the tube, I either got nothing or a big glob of glue (mostly on my hands).  I finally got a bit of glue on a tiny flower and placed it on the ribbon.  I held it in place for a couple minutes, then let go.  So did the flower.  It fell right off on to the table.  The jewels did not sparkle, they looked so flat.  The only thing that worked was the ribbon.  So much for my fun and plans.

This week I really need to buckle down and work on getting all my photos together for next year's calendar.  It will be October soon, and shortly after that the Holidays will be upon us.  I work on it all year, so it would be very disappointing if I didn't get everything done ahead of time. 

Looking through all my catalogs, it seems that folks who collect owls are in for a great year.  There is owl stuff everywhere.  In Signals catalogue, there is a whole collection of little owl boxes.  Goodness, they are so cute! 


I also found a mat to put outside the door that reminds me of Pogo.  No, I didn't order it, but it is cute.


In another mail offering, I came across a little car that brought back so many memories of years gone by.  When Audrey was just a toddler, her dad and I had a 1955 blue and white Buick convertible just like the one in the ad.  Somewhere, I have a photo of Audrey sitting on the hood of the car.  I'll have to go digging around to see if I can find that photo.


Well, the morning is slipping by, and I haven't done anything around here yet.  That being said, I think I'll make a fresh cup of coffee and go sit out on the porch for a while with Pogo.  Maybe I'll take my laptop out there and play on it for awhile. 

On this happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

So good to read you are doing okay.
Oof course you are proud of your grandand great crand children! They all look fabulous. Adn azzy is becoming a real "known"person, having a photo in a newspaper!
You shbould enjoy all moments of fine weather on the porch. There is coming an end to that, so grasp every moment.
Lovely you had such a good time at the show, and there is this Fiddler on the Roof coming soon, it has such lovely songs and music.
You will have a great time there again!
Not much change in Jan's situation. I will be glad when next week Monday his doctor will call him to ask how he is doing. Hopefully he will tell her all that bothers him and then we'll see what happens.
Well, you take care and have some great days.
Sending hugs,
Kyra