Tuesday, June 13, 2017

A Parent's Work Is Never Ending

June 13, 2017

Good morning.  The sun is shining, but today will be another scorcher.  Well, not as hot as the last couple of days, but temps will reach into the 90's.  Then it should drop down about twenty degrees into the 70's for a few days. 

Goodness me, Pogo must be on a diet.  He's refusing to eat his doggie food these past couple of days.  I thought that by the time he got really hungry, he would eat it, but it's just not so.  What's a mom to do?  If only he could talk, he could just say "Mom, I'm not eating today." and I wouldn't even open the can.  I wouldn't be throwing out so much doggie food.  Grrr, grrr!

Today I have photos of our robin family.  I took the two photos of the Mama bird, and Janice took the photos of the babies.  A few days ago, I was standing out by the corner of the porch (trying to get a photo of the babies) and Mama robin was up in the tree, waiting rather nervously for me to leave so that she could feed her babies.  Notice that fat, tasty worm she has in her mouth?  Mmmmmmmm!


Down below, the babies were anxiously waiting for their lunch.  So, being the nice person that I try to be, I went back inside the porch so that Mama robin could tend to her babies.  Janice took these photos for me while the parents were getting ready to dive bomb her.



My goodness, they are so precious.  Feeding these little ones is an all day job and usually there are two robins getting the food and bringing it to the nest.  I am assuming the other robin is the Daddy.  After the babies are fed, I guess it's nap time for the little ones, and a well deserved rest for Mama.


Gosh, I've been sitting here for two hours, typing this post.  But!  I've also been watching "Jewel School" on JTV.com.  They've been showing how to make coils with wire.  They're also showing how to braid the coils and set them on a leather bracelet.  It's really quite interesting.  This program is on every Tuesday for those of you interested in learning this craft.  It's also on next Sunday morning.

Today I'm hobbling around a bit better.  Some of the swelling has gone down and most of the pain has subsided.  So now I'm thinking that before it gets too hot, Pogo and I will go out and sit on the porch for a little while.  On that happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

Trust your days will get better soon. Loved the feeding of the birds.

smiekeltje said...

Those photos of the robins are so precious and sweet. Great to see the whole growing up!
Glad you have a bit less pain on the foot.
Oh about pogo not eating very much, here the same with Brodski. It seems that the warm weather has to do with it. During the day and early evening, I notice that Brodski almost doesn't eat. He gets in later in the evening and at night and earlier morning. And sometimes even then he isn;t taking in as much as normal.
So it may be the same for Pogo.
Of course brodski never is far when there is a possibilities to get some treats(when I am preparing chicken, or making a sandwich with some hamd or whatever LOL). Okay, he receives sometimes some little pieces, but not every time!
Good, it is still a bit cloudy this korning later the sun should come out more.
Will get dressed now and do some shopping when it isn;t too warm yet.
Have a lovely day. will read yout other posts may be today, otherwise it will be tomorrow.
Big hug
Kyra