Monday, June 5, 2017

A Day Full Of Blessings

June 5, 2017

Good morning. Well, tis gray and wet outside, but I did wake up so it's still a great day.  There are big puddles everywhere, and the birds and little critters love to splash around in them.  Enjoy little ones, the sun will come out in a couple of days and the puddles will be gone.

Well, yesterday turned out to be quite the day.  In the morning, Joe worked on the lawn tractor, getting it ready to start mowing down our grass fields (lawn areas).  One of our resident robins was keeping an eye on him, and she was becoming quite agitated.  I thought she might have a nest nearby, so I started looking around.

We keep the tractor covered up near the corner of the shed.  Just a few feet away, I spotted something on the shed window sill and asked Joe to check it out.  Sure enough, there was a nest tucked into the window sill, and there are five beautiful blue eggs inside it.


As soon as Joe drove the tractor around to the other side of the house, our Mama Robin flew to her nest and got inside to protect her eggs.  Thank goodness my little camera has a nice zoom on it.  I was able to get this photo while standing by the corner of my porch.


I am so excited about all this because even though there are several robins in my yard, I've never seen any of their nests or eggs.  Here's hoping that all five of these eggs hatch.  I can't wait to watch them grow.

 Later, I was browsing around on Facebook, and came across a posting that said it was my cousin David's birthday.  So, I left a Happy Birthday wish in the comments.  Later his wife, Linda, left a comment, "Who are you?"  Mind you, I have not seen this cousin since he was just a very little boy.  So I know nothing about his life or where he lives.  Nothing. 

So I answered the comment with "I'm his cousin."  I gave my phone number and asked Linda to call me.  Later, she did and we had a wonderful conversation.  Linda has been researching family records, trying to learn as much as she can about their family histories.  I told her about my book "300 Years of Louds in America".  She went on Amazon and found the book there so she ordered it.  Just wait till her book arrives.  She and David are going to love it!


We exchanged emails and addresses so that we can keep in touch.  I have to tell you folks, that this is exciting.  My brother and I went our whole lives without cousins and aunts and uncles, even though we came from a very large extended family.  So to be able to connect with parts of this family is exciting.  Over the years, I've been able to find a couple cousins, an uncle (Fred) and an aunt. (Lucy)

Both Fred and Lucy are gone now.  It would be nice to meet up with a few more members of my family while I'm still here.  Here's a photo of David and Linda.  (Linda posted it on FB and I downloaded it)  David, I hope you had an awesome birthday.


Last night, for supper, I opened a can of corned beef hash (which I haven't had for a long time) and cooked it with a couple of fried eggs.  Oh my, delicious!  Pogo did not want any of this, so I ate his share too and gave him a plate of doggie food. 

Now it's time to find something to keep me busy today.  Haha.  There is always something to do to keep me busy.  It's a matter of whether or not I'll do it!!!  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,
What a great thing Facebook is at times. I too have connected with a few of my cousins and their families all thru Facebook. I still have a few that I should contact but for some reason I just haven't as I have had a look and their life styles and mine are quiet different and a bit questionable if that makes sense, but there is one that I am going to contact. My sister told me to send him and invite but I forgot to do so.

Oh what gorgeous photos of the robins nest and mama robin... Just loved it and I am so sure that your going to just love watching the babies hatch. I hope that they all survive and join the others splashing puddles and gathering at the feeder.

I want to work on my blog. I just took a sweet photo of Cisco I want to share. Also I want to do a few things with a new kit that I finally downloaded and just had a weather statement that we are in for a strong thunderstorm, high wind and hail and if that is the case I may have to shut down my computer. I lost a brand new computer once because of a thunderstorm and power surge. We got it for Christmas but less than a week later it was dead... thankfully it was under warranty.

Enjoy your day and I love Corn Beef Hash and eggs.... Now I want some lol.. Hugs and Kisses to Pogo (He doesn't know what he is missing) and lots of hugs to you too... xx Beth and Cisco!

smiekeltje said...

such a lovely photo of the robin's nest. didn;t know they had blue eggs!
and what a nice surprise you had contact with your cousin;s wife! Are they living far away from your town?
If not, may be you can arrange a meeting.
Yesterday we had quite a storm going over and lots of rain. It did no harm to our garden.
Today it still is very windy and in the morning we had still some good showers(lovely for all gardens and fields), but in the afternoon sun came through and it was rather nice in the garden(not to sit, too much wind, but to make a quick tour it was okay ).
Tomorrow we should have much higher temperatures, then it should drop again several one and then on Sunday we should have again around 26C. Completely crazy weather.
Good i will hop to your next post.
see you there.
Kyra