My Pix Show 04

Monday, March 20, 2017

Woo Hoo! I'm Back! Pink Cheek Balls And All!

March 20, 2017

Good morning.  Goodness, for a while I didn't know when I'd be back here.  I've missed my blogging and my blogger friends.  I just got home late yesterday afternoon from my stay in the hospital.  Last week, I just kept getting sicker and sicker, and my breathing was getting worse.  By the time Thursday came around, I was barely taking in enough air to do much of anything.  That afternoon, I called my daughter Deanne, and she and Eddie came right over and took me to the hospital.

Ah, such an afternoon, evening and night!!  All kinds of tests, EKG, CT scan, (looking for blood clots - they're scaring me now) you name it!  Two different sets of IV hookups stuck in my arm.  One for meds, and one for the CT scan.  The blood withdrawal needles went right into the other arm, and the rest of the shots went into the belly.  I tried my best to tell them that I really hate needles, but they wouldn't listen.

Early on, they decided that I would be admitted, but that part takes hours.  Deanne and Eddie stayed with me till after 1 am the next morning until I was settled into a room.  In this photo, we're in the ER.  Deanne is trying to find us a good program to watch on the TV and Eddie is playing a game on his cell phone.  I felt to so bad because they both had to get up at 4:30 a.m. to go to work.  Not sure if they even got any sleep at all when they went home.

I wore my jammies and bathrobe to the hospital, and took a puzzle book and my crocheting with me.  I almost finished one hat my first day there, but made a boo boo and did not have the patience to fix it, so Deanne brought me up another skein of yarn to start a new set.  (Perfectly Pink)  I'll photo it when it is finished.  Meanwhile, this is the set I finished just before I had to go to the hospital.  The color is Pink Tones.

Any way, I guess the pneumonia started in Florida.  Don't know where it came from but a nasty flu bug was going around I guess and it found us.  My friend Beth took such good care of me and Pogo but in the end, she got sick too just in time to go home. 

With all the fluid in my lungs, I guess there just wasn't enough room left for air for me to breathe, even with the oxygen.  The flight home from Florida was really scary because Pogo and I were at the airport all day (flight delayed about three hours) and I would have no oxygen available for me until after I got home late that night.   But with our guardian angels riding with us, (and Deanne and Eddie picking us up when we got to Boston) Pogo and I did make it all the way home.

My stay at the hospital was very pleasant.  Everyone was really very nice to me and the care was excellent.  Except the food.  OMG!!!  Their chef has a love affair with powdered eggs, and the many ways to disguise them so that they cannot be recognized.  Or eaten!  But the toast was delicious!!  Even the coffee was good.  And the juice, and the Jello and the apple sauce.  I also enjoyed their spaghetti and meatballs and grilled cheese sandwich.  However, I can't say anything glowing about the roof shingles that were served up as English muffins.  Oh my!!  Talk about crunchy!!  (But I supposed it was good exercise for the jaws.)

My poor little Pogo stayed with Joe while I was gone, and he was not a very happy little camper.  He has an anxiety problem when I'm not with him, so he wasn't eating or anything else.  He would not even eat his turkey treat that he loves so.  He just lay in his little bed and pined away.  Poor darling.  I felt bad, but I know that Joe was taking very good care of him. 

Yesterday morning, I tried taking a selfie (at the hospital) and got quite a surprise.  My hubby always loved my high cheek bones, but sad to say, they have now drooped with age (what else is new?)  and are more like pink cheek balls sticking out from under my eyeglasses. 

 I have to tell you though, that when I got home, my little Pogo still loved me, pink cheek balls and all.  He was so squiggly in my arms, giving me lots of huggies and kisses.  Gosh, holding him and hugging him felt really good.  I had missed him so.   After about an hour, Pogo finally settled down and snuggled into his fuzzy blanket for a nice nap and dream.

After Deanne brought me home from the hospital yesterday afternoon, she went to the pharmacy to pick up my bags of new meds and did some grocery shopping for me.  I never wanted to be one of those old folks who has a big box of meds to take every day, but it seems that's exactly what I'm becoming.  Hopefully, we can eliminate a lot of them soon.  I don't like taking pills.

Gosh, so much has happened these last three weeks, and I have lots of photos to share.  But, I'll save the rest for another post.  Right now, I have to take a bunch of meds.  Oh yum, yum! 

I want to thank everyone for the good wishes and thoughts sent to me.  It surely does help the healing along.  I am blessed.

So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulously awesome day! 

Hugs, Edna B.

p.s.  Goodness, where are my manners?  Happy Spring everybody!!!!!


Anonymous said...

I was getting worried about you. Poor Pogo! Glad you're back and on the mend. I hate to say this but maybe it's time for you to be sticking closer to home and your own doctors. Take your meds and don't complain too much and you will soon be enjoying all your new and beautiful flowers. stay well Suzanne

Garla Reed said...

Edna and Sweet Pogo,
I am so very glad that your home. I am so sorry that you had to be hospitalized but I was afraid that it was turning into pneumonia while I was there. Maybe I should have called that ambulance after all!

Your selfie is beautiful.... Love those pink cheek balls! and your hat and scarf are just lovely.

I am heading back to bed. I stay there more than I am up. Fever has gone but left a nasty fever blister but I cannot get my energy up. You take care not to have a relapse. I know that you don't like pills, but down the hatch sweet lady. You need them. I will talk to you when your better... Hugs, Beth and Cisco is sending love to you and Pogo! xoxoxxoxoxoxo Beth

The Queen Jester said...

I am so glad you addressed these issues and are feeling better now. I wondered what pink cheek balls were, and now I know.

boop52245 said...

Hi Miss Edna,
Sorry to her about you having to be in the hospital,but at least now you are better and home.
That is great news just rest as much as possible and take it easy, Enjoy your stories about Pogo he is one loved dog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Edna, was wondering how you were, as you said you didn't feel so good in Florida. So glad you are on the mend now. Will continue to pray for you. Poor Pogo hope he gets back to his normal self now that you are home. Love the colour of the hat and scarf set so pretty.
Hugs Elee

smiekeltje said...

Pink ckeek balls or not, glad you are home and can be with Pogo again.
I am sure some of the meds can be eliminated later on, at the least let's hope so.