Thursday, March 9, 2017

Where Were You When The Lights Went Out?

March 9, 2017

Good afternoon.  Well, I thought I might post here this morning, but then all of a sudden all the power went out.  When I called the office to find out what the problem was, they said the Power company was working on repairing something and that the power would be out till around 1 p.m. (about five hours) I asked why I had not been notified and they said that they had notified me yesterday.  Really? 

They said that they had put a notice on the outside  of my door.  Well damn!!  Unless one goes outside, one would never see a notice on the outside of the door.  Beth took a look and there it was!  However, that piece of paper did not keep the oxygen concentrator running.  How can  they do that legally? 

So, to make a long story short, we could not have coffee or breakfast this morning.  Instead, we had water and crackers, and Pogo had doggie food.  Our time here is drawing to a close.  Yesterday, we packed our suit cases.  Today Beth will do a load of laundry so that the rest of our things can be packed. 

When we were at the flea market a few days ago, I bought a new purple carry on case.  Now my tote is packed away in the suitcase, and I'll be using my new carry on.  Of course, now that everything is packed away, I realize that I did not really need a new carry on.  But that's okay because I like it and I wanted it anyway. 


I haven't been outside these past few nights to watch the fireworks display, but I think tonight I'll go out and watch them.  Beth will be leaving tomorrow early in the morning, so this will be fun for both of us. 

I do have one interesting photo to share that I took a few  nights ago.  This is not a great fireworks photo, but I find it so fun and interesting.  Things were exploding before smoke could dissipate and I thought it made quite an interesting picture.  What do you think?


Sad to say, I haven't done much with my crocheting while I've been here.  However, I do have a scarf done, all except for the fringe, and maybe later today I'll start on the matching hat. 

We've been meaning to get a photo of us (Beth and me) while we were here, but so far we have not done that.  So, here we are, looking into the big wall mirror by the dining room table.  God bless our jammies, that's mostly what we've been living in here. Beth would have hers on here too but she has been running back and forth to the laundry room.


Right now, I think I'll close here and go sit out on the porch for a while.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a really beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: