Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Hair Do You Do?

March 21, 2017

Good morning, at least for a little while longer.  I just could not bring myself to want to get up this morning.  I have so much lost sleep to catch up on.  Although I must say that sleeping in so late has me feeling a bit wonky for a while until I completely wake up.  I'm sure this will all resolve itself as time goes by. 

Well, I got through the day yesterday by myself.  You know, in the hospital they kept trying to hook me up with a visiting nurse to look in on me (at home), or someone to come in and make sure that I was all right at home.  This is not a view I have had of myself for my retirement years, so it is a bit difficult for me to adjust my attitude and accept  that I'm just not quite the same as I've always been.  Ouch!  That's a big lump to swallow.

On to some fun stuff!!  Life has been busy while I've been laid up and a lot of fun things have gone on.  Over the past weekend, Daughter Audrey took Miss Bea (her friend) and her granddaughter Alena out for the day.  All three of them went to a beauty salon and got new hair do's.  Oh my, how pretty they all look!!  Here are some photos that Audrey sent to me. 

This first photo is Audrey.
 
Next, we have her friend, Miss Bea.  And finally we have we have my great granddaughter, Alena.
 
 
 
Don't they all look beautiful with their new "do's"?  This is what I had planned to do for myself before all this sickness moved in.  So, one of the first things I'm going to do once I'm back on my feet good, is to have my hair cut. 
 
Here's a photo that I had meant to post over a week ago, but was not able to.  When daughter Audrey left Florida to go home, she was met at her destination airport by her hubby Mac and granddaughter Alena.  Goodness, such a super homecoming!  Hmmm. me thinks that Alena looks a lot like her Grandpa!!
 
 
Well, Spring is finally here!!  Yeah!!!  I realize that we have a few more cold days coming our way, but as long as Spring is here, we'll be just fine.  Pretty soon, I need to have the porch screen covers taken down and put away.  Pogo and I are looking forward to spending time out on the porch.   
 
My Bird Of Paradise plant and the Orange Jasmine plant are also looking forward to being able to stay outdoors in the sunshine and fresh air.  It's been a long winter for both of them.  Another plant that is anxious to get back outside is the mosquito plant that I brought indoors last Fall.  It has made it through the whole winter and still looks really good. 
 
Yesterday, I did two loads of laundry.  One for my blanket, and one for the towels.  Actually, the towels are still out in the dryer.  I got too tired to finish folding them.  Today I'd like to do a load of my clothes.  That should do it for the laundry for a while. 
 
It's already noon time so I guess I'd best get with my meds again.  I'm finding that they are taking up a lot of my time.  Especially the nebulizer.  There are two different medicines for it and they both need to done twice a day.  Funny, in the hospital they only came by twice a day with this, but here at home it calls for four times a day.  Ah well, such is life.
 
I've just taken a break here to call my doctor and make an appointment  to go see him.  I'm supposed to see him within three days of being home from the hospital, but he can't see me until next Monday afternoon.  (eight days later)  I told his nurse how very disappointed I am at how everything was handled while I was in Florida.  I also told her all the problems I'm having in getting the portable oxygen that I need. 
 
I have a portable, but it is almost as tall as I am and can't be taken on an airplane.  I also won't be taking it into any stores or markets.  Actually, I can't push it and a store shopping cart at the same time.  So, Pogo and I will be staying home a lot for a few months. 
 
It's time to get off my grump wagon.  This afternoon, I want to crochet a bit.  It's very calming.  Yesterday, I called the St. Joseph's Indian School to let them know about all the hat and scarf sets that I'm making.  I just want to make sure that they want them. It was very pleasant talking with these folks.  They do so much to give their children a better life.  As soon as I can, I'll post a list of things that they can use.  Meanwhile, anyone wanting to send things to them, here's the address. 
 
St. Joseph's Indian School, 220 North Main Street,  Chamberlain, So. Dakota, 57325.  I have another school address to share, but first I'll have to dig it out.  When you send anything, put a contact letter inside the package listing information about what is included in the package.  (list of contents)  All our children are precious.
 
Well now I think I'll get on with my day here.  Meds are calling and it is time to make lunch.  I've lost eleven pounds so far, and I'd like to stay on this track.  So, I'm also learning to adjust my meals and what I eat.  Ah well, I'm off now.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a really super day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Love Audrey's hair-do!
Glad to hear you are getting better , it may go slowly, but you will get there. Perhaps one good thing of it is, that you lost a bit of weight. I should think you can take a bit back, but not all of it LOL!
I'll see you at the other posts again as I didn;t read them yet.
Hug
Kyra