Friday, March 10, 2017

All Good Things Must Come To An End

March 10, 2017

Good morning.  Tis 5:16 a.m. and Beth left on the shuttle bus for the airport an hour ago, headed for home.  Goodness, she hasn't been gone long and already I miss her.  Beth, I'm so glad you came here.  It was wonderful getting to know you.  Travel safely my friend.  p.s.  Beth, here's a photo of the gorgeous moon over our place as your shuttle bus was leaving.


Last evening, we had planned on watching the fireworks, but instead we pigged out on pizzas.  Oh, yum!  Much more delicious than the fireworks!!  The first company I called to order the pizzas, gave us a price of $21.69 plus tip for just one small two topping pizza.  They said that two of the same small pizzas would cost us more than forty dollars plus the tip for the delivery guy.  I promptly told this person that we were not hungry any more.

We next called Domino's Pizza, and got two medium, two topping pizzas for $15.53 plus tip.  Now this is more like it!  Yum! Yum! Yum!  No, we did not finish eating all the pizza, but we did do a pretty good job on it.  Guess what I'm having for breakfast today?

Well, all good things are coming to an end.  Pogo and I leave here tomorrow, and head for home where it will be snowy and cold.  We'll be just in time to watch Old Man Winter throw a couple of wicked tantrums before being chased away by Miss Spring.

It's going to be 85F degrees here today, and in the sixties overnight.  Such a big difference between the two places!! The whole time we've been here, temps have all been in the upper 70s and mid 80's.   I'm definitely going to miss this. 

Seeing as how most of my things are already packed away in my suitcase, I'll probably just nap and crochet most of today.  We were all up at three a.m. this morning so that Beth wouldn't be late for the shuttle bus, so I think a nice long nap will be good for me.

Today I have a couple interesting shots that Audrey got of the fireworks.  I like these  because of the weird way they went up into the air and then turned a bit and came back down, leaving very interesting shapes.  See if you agree.



Now I think I'll warm up a slice of pizza before climbing back into bed for a nap.  If I have time before leaving tomorrow, I'll post.  If not, I'll be back on Sunday. Till then, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

You have had really nice weather. It's going to be hard to come back to the cold we've been having. I hope, like you, that this is the last hurrah for winter. We have been fortunate this year with our weather -- snow-wise at least. Have a safe trip home!

Unknown said...

Edna,
Hi Happy Travels home you and our sweet pogo. I miss you already.

I made it home safe but a little after 1:00 pm, I was hit hard with the bug. I have had a high fever and hurt all over. Today I will send Jonathan to the store for meds. So glad I took that box of Kleenex. I really needed it.

Back to bed for me. Talk to you soon. xoxoxoxo

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Safe trip home friend....All the places you visited brings back memories. I would never be able to make the trip now so glad we did it when we could.

Call me when you get settled in.

smiekeltje said...

Hi Edna,

I guess by now you are home again?
Hope you had a good travel and that you are feeling much better. You got me worried a bit when I read you were feeling so bad, because of the cold but also becauuse of the oxygen.
Glad you weren;t alone during your holiday!
I think you are right to see if you can change from doctor. First try another talk with him, but if that is no good, it could be time for change.
Hope it will not be becessary.
Now you just take care of yourself, hope the change of temperature isn;t bringing back any bug or virus.
Sending a big hug
Kyra

Nani said...

I hope your travels were safe and uneventful! After all that warm weather I guess New England is planning a big welcome home snow. We'll get a little less tomorrow first. Stay warm, my friend! Hugs, Nani