Saturday, March 4, 2017

A Gorgeous Lazy Day In Florida

March 4, 2017

Good morning.  Today is another gorgeous day here in  Florida.  Every day that we've been here has been gorgeous.  I've been so busy with fixing the internet screw ups that I forgot to post the new calendar page for this month.  Here's my page for March.


The day after we all got here, my son drove down to spend a few hours with us.  I haven't seen him for quite a while, so it was a really wonderful visit.   Here's photos of my son Gary with Audrey and one of him and me. 





Here's a photo of my friend Beth that I took while we were out in the parking area at night getting ready to photograph the fireworks.

 
And finally, here's Pogo, relaxing on a chair on the porch, enjoying the warm sunshine.
 
 
Last night I finally got some good sleep.  Having the oxygen concentrator working made a huge difference.   I still woke up early, but at least I wasn't tired when I got up this morning.  Audrey, Pogo and I have had our breakfast, and now Pogo is napping, Audrey is sitting on the porch crocheting a beautiful doll and I'm here at the table typing this post.  Beth is still sleeping. 
 
Soon, I'll be sitting out on the porch too with my crocheting.  I'm working on a scarf with "Pink tones" yarn.  When this set is finished I'll take a photo.  Sad to say, Audrey will be going home tomorrow.  This week has flown by too quickly.  She hasn't left yet, and already I'm starting to miss her. 
 
Last night for dessert, we had Key Lime pie (which Audrey made) and watermelon (supplied by Beth).   Oh wow, we've been eating really well all week.  Even Pogo is doing good with his food.  He still eats his Blue Buffalo doggie food, along with bits of people food. 
 
Well, the morning is beginning to slip away, so I think I'll go wake up Beth.  Today will just be a lazy day for all of us.  If we want to go out we can, and if we'd rather just mellow out on the porch we can do that too. 
 
In a few minutes, I'm going to grab  my crocheting and join Audrey on the porch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a simply beautiful day.  (yes, I'll post tomorrow to make up for the days that I missed.)
 
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Just letting you know I am still reading. Enjoy your stay in Florida and relax your mind before you go back home and remember all the snow you have gone through. It's great to see family and friends enjoying each other and having a great time together. Have a great one and tell Pogo I said no no he can't stay in Florida sunbathing when you leave. He has to go back home. He look like he is having a great time too. Enjoy your stay.

smiekeltje said...

I catched up again reading. I am happy you al arrived safely in Florida and that you have great weather. Only the trouble with the internet and all wasn;t doing any good for your health(which I can totaly understand!!). Great it seems to be okay again and you can enjoy your time in Florida.
Make the most of it, don;t let stress about anything get in the way, if it is possible to avoid it.
Give greetings to Beth from me and also to Audrey. I am still doing lazy about the computer, not spending long times at it. Suits me at the moment, so I let it come as it does.
Have a wonderful days still in Florida.
Hug
Kyra