Friday, November 6, 2015

Looking For New Craft Ideas?

November 6, 2015

Good morning.  It's a bit cloudy this morning, but it is still a gorgeous day.  It's 68F degrees and my flag is happily waving and dancing in the breeze.  It's a beautiful sight.

Yesterday, Pogo and I took a ride to the park to watch the water birds.  There was a swan family of four, and still quite a few gulls, ducks and geese.  I took some photos, but haven't had a chance to go through them and crop a few.  I promise I'll do that later today.

I borrowed a craft project from my daughter Audrey's FB page to share with you.  If you love making home made gifts, this one should be fun.  These are ornaments filled with cocoa and marshmallows.


I'm sure once you make these, you can think of other things to fill them with.  I have the link for the website where you can learn how to make these, plus you'll find lots of other fun ideas (and recipes) there.
http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/12/hot-cocoa-mix-ornaments.html.

You can buy the ornaments in some of the Walmart stores, but I found them on Amazon.  They are a little more than $2 a piece.  There are other shapes that are just under $2 each.  If you make any, do share a photo of your creations.

Another fun thing that I borrowed from the web is a wonderful space saver for when you have children visiting.  If you use those space saver plastic bags, you can store the pillows in one, vacuum the air out of the bag, and store it in a drawer.


I finished a couple more neck warmers, and started one in the Pink Camo yarn.  I have run out of the kilt pins though, and will have to wait for my new order of them to arrive.  I also want to make a couple more lapghans.  These can be used to maybe have a little fun with in December.  More on that later.

There was one more item that I borrowed from the web to share with all my coffee loving friends.  These little minions are so darn smart!!


Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
I feel dreadful about missing your birthday. I knew yesterday that there was something that I had to do but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was. I am so very sorry. But my oh my those are some gorgeous roses and love the neck warmers. Very pretty.
I did a very silly thing today. A piece of plastic fell into the bottom of the dishwasher and I went to retrieve it and my hand hit the heating element. It is sore and really burns but the worse is over I believe.
We have all the windows open. It is a cool 59 degrees here. I am loving it. Cisco on the other hand is driving me up a wall. I put him into his snuggle jacket today to help him feel secure but it didn't help. I think that it was more just curiosity than anything. Every time he heard a new noise he was barking his head off. Then he wanted to play. We played ball, we played tug of war, we played chase around my bed and under the covers, we played tickle tickle and I gave him a treat. I made chicken tenders for dinner tonight and gave him one. Oh he loved that! Now he is laying in my bed growling at some noise that only he can hear!

Going to close this for now... Love you with all my heart and I am really sorry that I missed your birthday. Love Beth and Cisco....

smiekeltje said...

Some fun tips you have there. The ornaments are lovely, but the idea of the pillows is wonderful!
I will take a look at that website.
We had the warmest 6th of November in ages yesterday, At its highest they had a temperature f 17 C!. Unbelievable for this time of year.
Listen to what i have done yesterday afternoon
I wrapped already all the Christmas presents and now I have a box tucked away in a corner of the room with all of them. I leave it open for a little while, you never know.
But it is good to have it almost ready for shipment.
I will send it really early, to be sure it will arrive in time.
Yeah, I am happy with myself LOL.

Have a lovely day
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

I wish I'd thought of that pillow bed idea when the girls were little! Such a cute and practical idea!


I'm so glad you were appropriately spoiled for your birthday! :)

I bookmarked the site that hot cocoa ornament idea came from - what a great blog!

As for your minion's suggestion about coffee, I'm kind of the same way except that I'd never chance breaking a coffee mug! My great-grandmother was the same way with ice cream, but I never saw her hit anyone with an ice cream spoon1 LOL

Back to lunch and more scrapbooking for me now. Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I love the pillow idea - very clever and easy to make and maintain. Thanks for the clever hint. Hmmm, for my grandkids these days I'd need to attach about 10 of them for those long bodies they have.

Annesphamily said...

I did not know you were a November baby too! Lots of birthdays lately. So I had to say hello and Happy birthday wishes to you. I hope your day was wonderful. Always fun to see the DIY projects. I like those ornaments with cocoa in them. Clever! I saw those pillow beds too. Love it! Have a great SONday.