Sunday, November 8, 2015

It's A Good Day To Gather Up The Leaves

November 8, 2015

Good morning.  It's a little after 9 a.m., and the sun is shining.  It's cooler today with a little breeze, but it is still nice.  SIL Eddie and grandson Kevin are outside working on my tractor lawn mower.  Something isn't working on it, so they will fix it.   Then they will see about bagging up some of the leaves that are covering the whole yard.

Yesterday afternoon, I thought I would go through a lot of my music discs to see if any of them still played.  I didn't realize when I made them that they would stop working in a few years.  Up to now, a lot of them have not worked, but yesterday I got lucky.  I copied each one that actually worked into a folder on my desk top PC, then I copied the folder on to a thumb drive. 

I still have quite a lot of discs to go through, but at least I'm able to save some of my music.  Guess what I'll be doing this afternoon once the laundry is finished.  I'd work on it while the laundry was washing, but I have a habit of getting lost in what I'm doing. 

I also worked on, and finished my contribution to the World Wide Christmas Scrapping blog train.  It was fun, so I made a few more QP's to put in my "freebie" folder.  Next I'll start making some Christmas QP's for my folder. 

A lot of the discs that I had saved scrap resources on are still good.  I went through a lot of them hoping to find some goodies to use on my QP's.  Oh yes, I found a lot of them.  Woo Hoo! 

Today I have some photos that I took at the park the other day.  A couple show the pretty scenery, and couple show the swan family.  Gosh, it won't be long before the babies will be white like their parents.





I can hear the hum of the lawn tractor, so I guess that's all fixed.  God bless that son in law of mine.  He's smart and he's very good to me.  Soon he'll be coming in to get the leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher.  Kevin will get to play with that nifty little gadget.  (and I'll get a clean yard!!)

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  It's time to get busy with the laundry.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Very beautiful photos! Always such a pleasure to stop by and say hi! Keep posting all these great shots and enjoy a wonderful Sunday with your pal Pogo!

Unknown said...

Edna,
Yahoo to a working lawn mower and clean yard. Yes I would say that you have an excellent SIL and a wonderful Grandson. Kevin is such a sweet young man.

My day yesterday was extremely lazy. I love my new tablet that Jonathan gave me for my birthday and I spend a lot of time lazily watching Netflix on it. Otherwise I would never watch any programs. I am just not a tv watcher in the main part of the house. I prefer being in my own room.

Karyn is coming this week to spend with me. That means Cisco is going to have to share his bed... awwwwe.... but he will be ok. Her mother in law is having surgery on her leg so Joey is going home for the week to help her. Cisco will also have to deal with the Foxy.... Of course Karyn will have to bring her too.

I am going to call my doctor and get in to see someone tomorrow... This incision is getting worse and the antibiotics have not worked so... I want them to do a culture on it tomorrow. Find out why the antibiotics did not take care of it.

And finally... So glad to hear that the music that you managed to save was something that you could keep. Sorry to hear of the loss of music tho.
Time for lunch. I have my plate sitting next to me. Cisco is looking at me with soulful eyes... I am sure that he will get a few bites... we will see how well he likes roasted Squash lol... Give Pogo my love and cuddles and hugs and kisses to you from Cisco and myself... Love, Beth and Cisco.

Nani said...

I've had some of the discs I've made that quit working, but the ones I bought over time have been okay. I want to go through the ones I bought too because there are some of them that I bought for one or two songs and now I'd like to put those one or two songs in a file and send a big stack of discs to an old record store or eBay or something. I just want to clear some space.

It's been a rough year this year for me and I really feel like I missed a lot. For instance I got to see leaves in our backyard but not so much anyplace else and now there're lots of leaves on our lawn. Leaf pick up is this week and David has so far commented that he needs to rake them. I think he'll be raking with the car headlights helping him see the leaves after trains and poker. LOL

The leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher sounds like a fantastic contraption! I want to take a look at Amazon and see if I can find something that I can afford to make David's raking easier. Maybe then he'll want to do it sooner. ;)

Have a wonderful day, Edna!
Hugs, Nani

Stacey said...

glad your scrapbooking stuff is safe and you were able to save some music. I have all mine on a spare external (well 2 of them in case one goes). You are lucky they were able to fix it and I hope your yard is all clean, well for now at least. that's one thing about the yard or house, you have to do it again soon. I will be cleaning all week here - took the weekend off to grab all the freebies around digiland during dsd weekend.

smiekeltje said...

Hoorray for Eddie and Kevin.
It's a pity, that some discs just stop working after some time. But you noticed on time and can save a lot of hte music you like. Still the "old"records, of black vinyl are somehow the best, the only nasty thing with them sometimes is that they have lot of "cracks". But did you know that a lot of today's artists record their work again on the old type?
Your photos give a lovely view of the park, and there is still a lot of color on the trees.
Yesterday Jan and I watched part 1 of a new series, "The Hunt", made by the same crew almost as "Planet Earth". The hunt also a nature documentary, focused on the hunt for food of all kind of different animals. Not always "nice"to see,l but very interesting and with amazing and wonderful shots.
Will finish my coffee now, perhaps try to start a new kit and then get busy around here again.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra