Thursday, November 19, 2015

I Dit It! I Finally Did It!

November 19, 2015

Good morning.  Today is cloudy with a teeny breeze.  There is rain forecast for us beginning this afternoon and lasting all night and part of tomorrow morning.  Hmmm, maybe Joe and I will do our grocery shopping tomorrow instead of later today.  We'll see.

Well, I did it!  Yesterday, I not only wrapped a bunch of gifts, but I packed and labeled a couple of mail away boxes too.  I'd have kept on going, but it was getting to be supper time, and DIL Janet was on her way here.  If I can just get a couple things wrapped each day, I'll be done in no time.  Of course, that's easy for me to say.  haha.

Today I have photos of the Frosty Green afghan, and the newest neck warmer made with "Monet" yarn. 



As I finish all of these projects, especially the afghans, I feel a sense of loss.  Sort of like I need to grab a new batch of yarn and start another one.  I guess other crafters will understand this.  I've already started my "to do" list for afghans to make next year.  This makes me feel a bit better.

This morning, I've been running around like a crazy lady, waving an orange fly swatter around trying to kill a couple of house flies.  They drive Pogo crazy (and me too!) and they must go!   So far, I've managed to get both of them, and I'm hoping there are no more. 

My goal today is to address another batch of envelopes and maybe wrap at least two gifts.  (or pack one box)   I'm hoping the mail brings me some of the things I've been ordering so that I can finish crossing things off my "still need to get" list.   Also, I'll be able to pack up another couple of boxes. 

I've just looked out the door, and my goodness the sun is shining.  Looks like it's going to be rather nice until the rain gets here.    Even the breeze has picked up and our flag is waving in all its glory.

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

good for you! i'm glad you started and got some wrapping done. the afghan and neck warmer are beautiful! hope you and pogo had a nice rest of the day!

Nani said...

The frosty green afghan is just gorgeous! Of course,me and green and all, but it is a beautiful shade.

It's funny you mention chasing the flies. If we get a fly in the house, the cats think it's a holiday! All three of them can't resist chasing it and jumping for it. The fly either finds someplace to hide to come back later and get caught, or it just gets tired before they do. Um, for the cats a fly is a fun toy with a tasty snack ending. :)

The Christmas cards are my project for the weekend. David writes the letter, it draws n both of our strengths that way, and he fully addresses the envelopes and i stuff them. We have a system. I also have new printer to set up and maybe I'll see if I can find a label program. I like the hand-addresses on cards, but I'm MUCH better capable of punting than writing!

Okay, late night for me, but my eyes are getting heavy now. :D

'Night!
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

The Monet yarn is lovely. Whooppee, girl, you have the swing of things suddenly. Already wrapped some gifts and even lebeled boxes and on top wrote the envelopes for the cards! Do this for a few days in a row and you will be finished in no time LOL!
I will finish my box this weekend, I think, and somewhere next week send it away.
sometimes flies can drive you crazy, we had some here too. Not yet got rid of all, but when it gets colder, they might disappear too.
Will post on my blog now, and if rain stops I might go to the market.
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

Oh Edna, your afghan and neck warmer are beautiful. Hannah loves mint green so she would go gah gah over that afghan. I have a friend who made me one ages ago but her mom has Alzheimer's so she and her sister are struggling with her care. So sad. Kathy was great at whipping up those cool creations. It is getting really cold here. Blasted cold, I don;t mind rain or snow just not ten degree temps! Brrrr.....I need an afghan. I better turn my electric blanket on and get under those covers til I get that hubby at five. Have a wonderful weekend.