Sunday, July 26, 2015

Anyone Know Where I Can Buy A Small Crane Real Cheap?

July 26, 2015

Good morning.  Oh my, it is such a super morning.  It's gray and cool, in the upper 60's with a teensy breeze.  Mmmmm, feels so good.  I'm sure it will be up in the 80's in a few hours though, so I'm enjoying this. 

Pogo and I got up at 5:30 this morning.  Around 6:15, he heard someone moving about in the main house, so he sat in the pantry watching and listening for Joe to come downstairs to make his coffee.  Once he heard Joe, Pogo started barking until Joe fed him his turkey treat.  It's a wonderful little ritual that Pogo and Joe have. 

I mention the pantry a lot so let me explain.  My pantry is between my apartment and the main house.   It has a wooden exterior door and a screen door.  I only close the wooden door when I leave the house.  The screen door is usually the only door we use.  It keeps Pogo in our apartment, and the kitties in the main house.  It also lets Pogo see and hear what is going on in the main house.

On weekday afternoons, this is where you can find Pogo from around 2 p.m. till Joe gets home from work.  As soon as he sees Joe, he barks until Joe points to the door (meaning that he is going in the house), and then Pogo runs pell mell to the pantry, barking for Joe to open the screen door and give him his turkey treats.


Yesterday afternoon and evening I spent quite a few hours backing up all the files on my laptop.  I have too much stuff on the laptop; so now that it is all backed up on to an exterior drive, I can remove a lot of it from my laptop.  I'll work on some of that later today.

Last evening, I finally got to use the oven that Deanne and Eddie gave me for Christmas.  I did not have an outlet to plug it into, but now I do.  My first meal cooked in the oven was a lasagna.  Mmmm, was it delicious!!  Today I think I'll bake some cookies.  The dwarfs will be happy because they get to eat most of them. 

I finally treated myself to the new lens that I've been wanting for my camera.  I've been debating with myself whether or not I should get it since the lens first came out on the market.  Now my problem is that I need to buy me a crane to hold it up while I'm shooting photos.  Ah well, it's a problem I'll enjoy working on. 

The new lens is a Tamron SP 150-600mm.   Now I can't wait to go to the park and see what kind of bird photos I can get with this new toy.  Here's a photo of my camera before the new lens.


And here's a photo of my camera with the new lens on.  Can you see why I'll be needing that crane?  This new baby is not a lightweight!  I'm looking forward to having some fun with this lens.


Well, I've gnawed on your ear long enough.  Now it's time to wash the breakfast dishes and get a few things done here so that I can play.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Nani said...

I first read the title as "small cane." I thought maybe to help you walk with your knee... I was ready to suggest Fashionable Canes, where my cane came from but that won't help keep the new lens up. LOL

I love that Pogo has Joe so well trained! Marco has a similar ritual when David gets home.

Lots of hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

The lens looks like a lot of fun, I can imagine the great bird photos you'll be getting. I'd need a support for this, just not steady enough. I found a tripod too bulky to work with and instead bought a monopod. Adds just enough support for the longer lenses but easier to deal with.

Debby said...

Hello my friend. I can't wait to see the pictures you take with that lens.
My mother is better and its all because my brother came for a week. He screamed at me because I said I could not stay with her full time this week. This always happens. He doesnt see the need for any help for my mother. I am bitter, but trying to get over it. Hugs

Stacey said...

Can't wait to see the pictures that baby will take! Pogo is just so adorable! I'm sure you'll get some wonderful shots of that little guy too!

smiekeltje said...

Our pets seem always to work out some kind of ritual, to get our attention or(mostly) get some food as treat LOL!
It is great that Joe and Pogo trained eachother, hahahaha.
That new lens looks awesome and I am sure you will make lots of wonderful photos with it.
But I understand you will need a crane. Perhaps you can find one for cheap on the net or perhaps even better look around on flee markets or garage sales. There often you can find that kind of stuff for a couple of bucks!

Still not great weather here, but better tyhan on Saturday, with that storm and lots of rain.
That was really exceptional to have such a storm in summertime!

Not sure what I will do today, I have lots of options,LOL!!

You have yourself a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Mary Ann said...

Wow what a lens...can you use your doubler with it? Then maybe 2 cranes! Try some photos of the Blue moon tomorrow night if visible in your area...would love to see how the compare to your previous moon photos.