Sunday, May 3, 2015

Yeahhh, I Won $7 !!!

May 3, 2015

Good morning.  It's taking a bit for the sun to come out, but it's early yet.  Temps will be warmer today and keep getting better all week.  Yeahhhh!  

I wish I could say that I feel much better, but it's just not happening so soon.  Of course, today is only day four on the new meds, so it may be too soon for the healing.  Pneumonia is nasty stuff.  I'm keeping busy with the crocheting.  As for the TV, there's not really much good on right now.  I don't like most of the programs that are offered, and a lot of my favorite re-runs have already stopped playing.

As for the news, I am so sick of watching all the Baltimore chaos.  It's on every day, all day long.  I think maybe if the media wouldn't give them so much attention, the protestors and rebel rousers might settle down and go home.   They may have an issue that needs to be heard, but their behavior and violence is unacceptable.  Isn't there anything good happening anywhere in this country that can be splashed all over the news programs instead?

Yesterday, I did watch the Kentucky Derby Race.  Did you all pick a winner?  I had three picks, and American Pharoah won me $7.  Woo Hoo!!    My girls were at different Kentucky Derby parties and looking absolutely glamorous in their beautifully decorated hats.  As soon as I can get my photos to download to my email, I'll share them. 

My phone is telling me that it is getting low on room and some things aren't working properly because of it.  Hmmm, I'll have to get out my book to figure out how to fix this problem.  If that doesn't work, then I'll just have to call Jasmine.  She knows the phone inside out. 

I have a cute photo of Pogo to share.  I just had to laugh at the look on his face.  Sort of like "Really Mom!  Don't you have enough photos yet?"   No cutie, I could use a few more


Late last night, the moon was really bright, so I took my phone outside to get a few photos.  There were lots of fluffy clouds in the sky, and this shot was taken just after the moon and clouds came out from behind the tall trees.


Did any of you watch the fight last night?  I did not as boxing is not my forte.  However, if you had your money on Mayweather, then you came out a winner.  Today, Pacquiao says he did not win because he was hurting and therefore could not do his best. 

On a really bright side, Britain has a beautiful new Princess.  They showed a few photos of the new baby on the news.  Gosh what a cutie pie!!   Now the suspense is on to learn what she will be named.

Well that's my news for this morning.  It's time to take my meds and let Pogo go out into the house to find Joe.  Pogo is looking for his turkey treat.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Congrats on betting on the ponies. We watched the race but didn't place any bets.
Pogo's expression does indeed look as if he's saying "enough already Mom", but I think he secretly enjoys being the subject of the photo shoots.

Annesphamily said...

Pogo needed a Derby hat too! I bought one and I have a few lovely hats. But I wish we would all get together and wear them! Your gals looked so pretty and Ed is a handsome fellow too! My oldest daughter, my grandson Colton and his gf JayCee took me to breakfast Saturday. The hubby was on the last round of overtime til the next move so we had bunch at Jay's where you could get a Mint Julep in honor of the Derby. LOL! Too early in the A.M. for that Saturday! I love watching the race and all the beautiful horses. My oldest sissy, Pat lives in Kentucky. She loved it and called it home. Many years ago she took us on a tour of My Old Kentucky Home where Stephen Foster is said to have written the song. When I hear the song and sing along at the watching of the Ky. Derby I always cry. Partly because the history of that home was laced with so much loss and sadness. And because I miss my sister. She was a dear heart. I am glad you won some cash! DO you remember last year Wes Welker won a large sum of cash and some crazy mishap happened and he was owed a lot more money then he thought or something! Drat! Why not you? Hee Hee ! Well, you and Pogo take care and keep smiling and getting better each day.

Annesphamily said...

The new princess is a cutie like her brother George! Beautiful, precious little person. I love the royal parents. They are so cute together. Oh the fight, my kids went to watch it with friends. The friends paid for the fight and the guests all brought drinks! Lenny and Jody are really sweet. The had pizza and wings and guess a good time was had by all. My son Nick likes Mayweather. Otherwise I do not follow boxing as my hubby and I did when we were younger. That Pogo is such an adorable fellow! Hugs!